Jurassic Park push team hard hat question

The helmets I ordered are the orange ones, and I gotta say, it looks spot on to me! :thumbsup

Hey Jedifyfe, I've always liked your JP hardhat. Where did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?
View attachment 21285

Thanks Adam,
I bought it from a member here about 4 years ago. I don't recall who it was but mine is definitely red.

The logo sticker was made by BobaMatt and it is really great!

BTW: Here is my update collection with Rylo's cane, Dr. Grant's claw and the Screen Used Mr DNA Cel:

IMG_9772.jpg

I'm gonna say it's red also. I mean, you can get orange if you like, but it's hard to find just regular orange nowadays. Most of the orange out there now is HIGH VISIBILITY orange and it ends up looking like this...

DSC02477.jpg

If you look at the red band in the logo and compare it to the color of the helmet, it looks spot on. IMO. Red's the way I'm going, if I ever get there... lol

jphat3py1.jpg

Does anybody have a tutorial on how to go about making one of these hard-hats? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Han shot first...oh sorry...wrong thread...

I would love to do one of these, loved this movie...where can one get the decal?

Thanks to Funky Jedi I was able to nab one of these at the last prop party and then ordered one to finish myself...and to help with the debate here are the hats in 3 lighting situations.

Artificial Light (regular room light) + camera flash
Bear001.jpg

Artificial Light (regular room light) + no camera flash
Bear002.jpg

Camera flash only
Bear003.jpg

As you can see when using brighter light they are red, but under regular room lighting they are orange.

As someone who as a kid watched Jurassic Park over 100 times.....I went orange and I'm glad I did.

Carry on :)

Using the images from ScreenUsed, I brought them into photoshop and color corrected, setting black point off of the black in the logo and white point off of the white of the badge sintra. Looks pretty orange to me... but who knows..there are perception, monitor, and nomenclature differences to take into account (what I call orange you might call red or vice-versa)

vXawq.jpg

CAoqI.jpg

jxHhM.jpg

I bought one of these hard hats with the great help of a board member, but I am still in need of that logo sticker. Anyone who can help me or route me in the right direction please ??

Stefan Jones

The graphic on my hard hat has the following dimensions:

5.2" long by 3.1" high in the centre.
If you can get a high resolution image of the logo and resize it to those dimensions you should be fine.
Simply cut the PVC plastic to fit the decal, leaving a tiny border around it, heat and bend it around the front of the helmet (careful not to warp it).
Then drill the screw holes, apply the decal and you're good.

Oh wait.....you apply the decal first and then heat the plastic....but again be careful not to warp, burn or destroy the palstic or the decal.

We have the same problem with the Jurassic Park Jeeps. In the film the bands look orange, but when you see dayligt photos of the original today, the color is red.

Filters used on cameras often distort the colors.

The next problem, even when you have the actual artifact, is dertermining how much it may have faded after exposure to UV light for 25 years.

Another problem is that maybe the supplier needed to provide both red and orange ones to meet the film requirements. The real answer might lie in going to the original manufacturer and see what color was even sold back then. If the factory says they were orange, they were orange, if said it was red, it was red. It is also speculation as to when a red becomes oragne and and orange becoms red.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back