The Invaders / Anyone done any props ?

defstartrooper

Sr Member
I really loved watching re-runs of this show as a kid but haven't watched it for years and years but recently i started watching again, i fancy having a pop at making some replicas myself but i was wondering if anyone has done any before ?
I've not seen anyone post anything on the show here before but if anyones done any props i'd dig seeing them :D

Anyone made a communicator for example or have any info about it or other props from the show ?

i4onMvJB.png

aYThD2d.png

I considered that big goofy gun for awhile. Nobody is doing it that I am aware of but since it's not that big a show I didn't follow through. The gun is fairly big and bulky. Considering the popularity and cost vs. return struck me as a bad choice for a project. It's a lot of flat pieces so it wouldn't be hard to construct. A nice weekend project.

Yeah i doubt there's any interest big enough for anyone to do any runs of anything but i thought maybe some people had made bits for themselves.

I own a hero screen used small version of the gun. It is made of aluminum and brass. I used to have one of the original large wood versions of the pistol but sold it years ago, now all I have is a casting of the large one. I did a death disc years ago but a friend wanted it so it was gone. Never got around to making another one for the collection.

I own a hero screen used small version of the gun. It is made of aluminum and brass. I used to have one of the original large wood versions of the pistol but sold it years ago, now all I have is a casting of the large one. I did a death disc years ago but a friend wanted it so it was gone. Never got around to making another one for the collection.

Nicksdad, I hope that you can answer a question that has been bothering me for over twenty years. The large disintergrator pistol, did it have a targeting screen on it? Back in the 80s, while watching an episode there was a scene where an Invader fires a large pistol up at a man climbing a ladder. There was only a quick glimpse of the back of the pistol, and it looked to me like it had a targeting screen.

I read that the Invaders hypnotizing crystals were actually a common magic trick. They used whatever they could.

David.

The large pistol has a viewscreen section in the recess on the top of the pistol. In fact, in an earlier episode you can see an alien actually target a woman and disintegrate her before Vincent does him in.
The hypnodisk was just 2 large diamond type fake crystals that were moved by a string operated by someone off camera. If you look closely, you can actually see the string in a few episodes.

Nicksdad, and defstartrooper, thanks for the info and photo. I thought that I had seen every episode of "The Invaders", but I don't ever remember seeing that scene. I wonder if it got cut out of the syndicated episodes.

Nicksdad, if I may pick your brain again, what type of sighting device did the small pistol have? I imagine that they went to the small disintergrator because the large pistol was just too hard to conceal. Remember the disintergrator cannon that they had setup under the saucer? I wonder what happened to that prop.

David.

Tell you what...When I was a kid and that show came on, it had a deep effect on my friends and I. Every time a new company opened in the area,we checked out the employees little fingers. We thought this stuff was real. For its time,it was pretty radical.

Nicksdad, and defstartrooper, thanks for the info and photo. I thought that I had seen every episode of "The Invaders", but I don't ever remember seeing that scene. I wonder if it got cut out of the syndicated episodes.

Nicksdad, if I may pick your brain again, what type of sighting device did the small pistol have? I imagine that they went to the small disintergrator because the large pistol was just too hard to conceal. Remember the disintergrator cannon that they had setup under the saucer? I wonder what happened to that prop.

David.

It's from season one episode 3 The Mutation, just happened to be the episode i capped the communicator pics from so i knew just where to look right away :lol

And the disintegrator under the ship is in that episode too.

VVYrM0bE.png

The small pistol was a lot like the large one, only concealable. When I get a chance, I'll post a few pics.

I loved the Invaders TV series. I made a couple of pistols over the years. There were no real resources to base the prop on. My best guess was not even close. I tried later doing a 3D model. I played around with some images from the INVADERS forum with photoshop. They might help if you intend to scratch build. Good luck.

Gordon

Some time a go Monsters In Motion had a ray gun from this show for sale.
I went to their site but can not find any reference to it now.
I think I may have kept the pics (want to scratch build one if I can) somewhere but I am unable to locate them at present. If I find them I will post them here for you.
Later, Petseal

OK, I finally found the pics on a travel drive so, as promised, here they are.
I did however err in my first post...the model was offered at Comet Miniatures not Monsters In Motion as I first stated (first sign of old age...lose of memory :rolleyes)
I also checked their site for the kit! It is listed but no longer available.
From what I can see from these pics and others posted here I would guess that this one is the smaller version, but I am not sure.
If anyone can find the dimensions for these I hope they would be willing to share that info here! I'll keep watching and posting anything I can find.
Hope these are helpful, Petseal

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back