HCG Limited Lothlorien Bow!!! in hand!! pics!!

Oooooh nice.

I want one!:love

They did a good job on the plaque, kinda similar to the old UC designs, but with a twist.

Great purchase there, congrats!

How does it compare with the bow you made?

Al

I think mine might have been a bit taller. The sculpting on the HCG is so much better, I'm very much an amateur when it comes to that. I still miss my other bow, but I'm glad I have one that was cast from the original now.
I'm also glad it is such a low #! 48/500! :)

Yes sir :)

From HCG site:
"We are very proud to present our officially licensed Lothlorien Bow Of Legolas! This amazing replica is molded directly from a screenused Lothlorien bow, and captures all of the intricate detail it possesses.
Measuring an imposing 66” in length, this museum quality piece comes complete with a themed wall display plaque, and is accurate to the finest detail, including the strand of Galadriel’s golden “hair” running through the string!
This HCG Exclusive version features 2 detachable arrow heads that are molded directly from screenused originals! They are approx 6” long and are held in place on the wall display plaque with internal concealed magnets."

Well, that's great. It doesn't get much better than cast from screeen used.

How are you going to display it, decided yet?

lol, not yet. Part of me wants to leave it off the plaque and lay the quiver alongside it. I really wish I could get my display room done. I'm running out of space storing everything! :lol

You have to display it on the plaque, it's great.

Find some wall space. Pull off a Family portrait or something!:lol

Yes, definitely worth displaying somewhere prominent. Plus, people who are scared of swords will love it!

When this arrives, I'm going to have a crazy time of finding a place to display it as well, as I still need to find space on a wall somewhere to hang my new MC Glamdring :rolleyes

Congrats on scoring your MC glamdring too mate, glad you finally found one!

Heehee, thanks. I love it so much :) It was ridiculously hard to find, but I got it for a pretty good deal (and funnily saw another one posted for sale a few days later for over twice as much as I paid for mine).

Arwyniel said:
The plaque is massive. It really feels like it was sawed from a big tree trunk.

It LOOKs like it was sawed from a big tree trunk too :lol

WOW!!! it looks GREAT!!!!!! i am so excited for mine to come!!!!

so what is it made of??? resin?

Wow, that looks really nice! Thanks for posting the pics. :cool

As for your other bow, it is safely and proudly hanging on it's new (very happy) owner's wall. :)

i just posted this on the uc forums, it looks like the paint is identical to me! i mean, depending on lighting everything looks different, but i think they nailed this one spot on.
legolasbowcomparasin.jpg

Nah. Well, that one photo looks similar, but the rest don't match up.

There are other pics of the original prop with the lighting being very close to the lighting Arwyniel took some of her pics with, and the sculpted details definitely are too dark compared to the original. They're almost charcoal while the original was off-white.

Here's another of the original:

Bow1_ayaTD.jpg

VS the HCG:

IMG_2023.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back