Hasbro DH-17 Rebel Fleet Trooper Blaster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterVader @ Mar 16 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1441886[/snapback]</div>
Also, not to hijack but whats going on with the electronic stormtrooper/clonetrooper blaster? I havent seen any in months but the stores are well stocked with lightsabers.
[/b]

I'm pretty sure the Walmarts near me still have some of these. I can pick one up for you if you want.

I found the blue Rebel pistol today at Walmart, but I'll hold of picking it up until my RG costume is finished.

I might have to pick one of these up. Nerf's latest series of weapons have been highly modified and used with the growing group of custom mandalorian warriors. I myself have a modified Nerf Nitefinder:

normal_DSC01314.JPG

I was able to make it look VERY Star Wars-ish in my opinion.

BigJon, you need to look-up the old Nerf conversion thread and put your pistol photo in that one. That is a great looking conversion.

David.

A little sanding (to remove logos and warnings), and some paint and my nerf guns are done. :D
I am happy with the result. Less the $20 each and only about 1/2 hour worth of work.

A nice display alternative for us poor folk. :angel

1a_1.JPG

Then I decided it was too clean, so I weathered it a bit (hard to see in the photo)
2A_1.JPG

And since I did them together I will throw in a pic of this Clone Nerf conversion as well. Undersized, but it works OK for me -for the price.
3A_1.JPG

Thanks WC for hosting the pics.

Posted by "Synn" ("Synnister" here) at Rebel Legion's msgboard:
Wow...

Removing the clear cap was easy...

I just hit it with a nice hot hardryer for about a minute and a half and pulled... It popped right off with almost no effort.

Now I just have to not lose it while I get to the rest of my mods...[/b]
Thanks Synnister. I'm looking more and more forward to my own DH-17 conversion.

Great news on the clear cap removal...well, I finally got one of these too..

It is pretty close in size...maybe just a tube extension where the blue and silver meet at the barrel...and a bit at the rear...If I can find a pipe the right size.

Hmmm...... ;)

Is there really a silver bolt showing on both sides of this blaster?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sporak @ Mar 24 2007, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1446865[/snapback]</div>
It is pretty close in size...maybe just a tube extension where the blue and silver meet at the barrel...and a bit at the rear...If I can find a pipe the right size.
[/b]
The front sight would have to be moved forward just a little bit, the scope rail lengthened anyway.
I would replace the tube completely or only lengthen it in the rear where it does not need to be as strong. The endcap is too short also, btw.

I picked up the clone trooper blaster today. Its nice and light, and I will make mods on it too like osme people here have. Not a bad blaster/toy for $20. :D

I got mine yesterday.

In short: this thing rocks. For 20 bucks you get a lightweight trooping blaster that it as accurate as the MR. Actually, I think it's more accurate in some respects as it's about an inch shorter than the MR.

Also, it shoots nerf darts- how cool is that.

The only mods it required took about ten minutes of work time. I cut off the cocking handle, leaving about a 1/4" stub remaining. I glued a knob to the stub allowing the blaster to still be ******. Then a quick paint job and it's good to go.

It also has a red LED in the scope that lights up when the trigger is pulled, whether or not it's ******. A nice touch.

I highly recommend that anyone in the 501st/Rebel Legion with an IC/ID/IN/RFT costume get one. It's $25 bucks direct from Hasbro (with shipping).

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

One thing I don't understand is MR can't make cheap items because it would conflict Hasbro's licensing of their cheap products.

But Hasbro can make a cheap blaster that is almost 1:1 to MR's and its okay? While the blasters are a huge difference in price, whats the difference bewteen lightsabers? :confused

Great minds must think alike. :p

I just can't use a Nerf gun as a base and not keep it functional.

I got one yesterday too and added a resin D-ring clip from my scratch built E-11 kit for the pull knob.

A little JB Weld and little fancy cutting with the Dremel to make a notch to fit the original "pull" rail into the back of the D-ring, add a screw. A little accuracy and functionality all in one. :D

Not to instigate......but you know those nerf darts will stick like glue to some unsuspecting stormtrooper. *he, he* :love

Just be sure to carefully mark how close you want to cut the nerf's "pull rail" prior to cutting.

I also got one yesterday (for full retail, but whatever, I'm tired of looking for them).

TKBIG - I like what you did with the pull knob.

I was planning on just filling the grove with JB or something, and drilling through and putting a D-ring in.

We will see how that works out. Gotta keep this thing functional B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luke Warmwater @ Mar 25 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1447884[/snapback]</div>
I expect that there will be many nerf darts stuck to the backs of TK's at C4 and DragonCon this year.
[/b]

Roger that.

You'll never know where those blasted Rebels will show up. :p

Be Careful though...
I tried the hair drier and it didn't work, so I tried my heat gun...
It came off...but... :(

1004653rsnd4.jpg

Anyone have a spare cap? :lol
I'm collecting plastic caps but so far ,none are just right...

Posted by "Synn" ("Synnister" here) at Rebel Legion's msgboard:
Wow...

Removing the clear cap was easy...

I just hit it with a nice hot hardryer for about a minute and a half and pulled... It popped right off with almost no effort.

Now I just have to not lose it while I get to the rest of my mods...[/b]

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back