Finally, one of my Holy Grail Props (ROTJ Stormtrooper Blaster

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I watched this get build back in the old days of prop making, around 10 years ago. I remember watching the posts in anticipation of what would be next on this beauty. I had admired it for so long, hoping one day I could have one like it in my collection. It was built by M-Pire, older members would know him as A302nsyd. We have been friends for years now and talk occasionally. He's the guy who showed me how to photograph my collection.

Anyway, we struck a deal the other day and I finally got the chance to own this piece in my collection and it came in today. It is even more impressive in person than in the photos, great heft, great build, just an amazing prop. It is built off of a real MGC Sterling, custom machined pieces, and a beautiful weathering job. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did did so many years ago.

SWROTJStormtrooperBlaster.jpg

SWROTJStormtrooperBlaster2.jpg

SWROTJStormtrooperBlaster3.jpg

SWROTJStormtrooperBlaster4.jpg

SWROTJStormtrooperBlaster5.jpg

Ah...the M-Pire blaster!!!

This is what made me want my own back the days.
The specialty about this specific prop is that I features accurate U-channels, since the ones that were provided back the days were just O-tubing cut in half.

CONGRATULATIONS :)

Markus

Beautiful. Since its one of your grails never let it go. I've done it with stuff and regretted it:)

Ben

Congrats man. That looks really cool :) And I know how you feel. I just scored one of my grail pieces as well... it will be another 2 months before it arrives, but I'm all giddy already :)

Congrats man. That looks really cool :) And I know how you feel. I just scored one of my grail pieces as well... it will be another 2 months before it arrives, but I'm all giddy already :)

What is it Dan? With your collection I just know it has to be something real special. :)

Ben

not ready to spill the beans just yet (just in case the deal doesn't work out after all - you know how these things go ;)). Not sure if it's special, but it's something I've been wanting to add to my collection for the past 8 years. It will be special to me :)

What a beauty! I recently picked upan MGC Sterling and am just waiting on a scope to begin my build, hope it ends up looking as good as yours.

That is awesome. Back in '95, I started building one, but sources were limited. I used a real sterling, (decomm, of course...they were everywhere back then) but was confused by the U track/T track thing. I gave up before it was done, and gave it away. I always preferred the ROTJ look, even though I liked the movie least. (Until the prequels, of course. ;) )very nice piece indeed!

Wow... Glad she has another GOOD home. I remember the hassle of shipping the MGC to Cliff via UPS those many years ago... :) He did a superb job!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back