Emails I've recived from Videobob

ThrowingChicken

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last week I noticed that a banned member, Thiago, had liked my Facebook artist page and was going on a liking and commenting spree on my photos, most notably Ghostbusters stuff (BTW, while putting this together I found a second profile of his that isn't banned). I let it go until I found his boss, banned member and known recaster Videobob had liked my page too. I decided to ban Bob from the page after Thiago sent me a message requesting more photos of my Proton Gun mold. Thiago removed himself from my page sometime after that. A couple of days later I started getting these emails from Bob.

Warning: Language

Videobob 03/02/2013 said:
This is Videobob.

I would like to talk with you about an offer I have for you.
Despite what people say, I don\'t actually go around recasting people\'s parts. That\'s all bull****.
The shell is a whole different story which I am happy to explain to you if you want to hear it.

Anyway, if I wanted to recast your gun I could do it easily. That\'s not what I am about and not what I do. I am however one of the biggest seller\'s of GB parts and have shipped hundreds of my shells and packs in the last year. I just signed a deal with Universal Studios and I am now a licensed seller of officail BTTF props and toys. I also just made myself a LLC corporation. My next project is a deal with Sony.
For those of whom who are working WITH me will prosper, those who are not... well, will be ceased and desissted.
So this is a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
So I am going to TRY to make a relationship with you and possibly AJ and those at GBFANS to sweep our pas t under the rug and try to make a ****load of money together.

I think your stuff is ****. It\'s the best. I want it.
I want you to be the supplier of all my gun kits that I include in my Proton Pack kits and finished packs. I want to buy them from you in bulk, with your support.
Again, if I wanted to recast it all I would have to do would be to get one of my buddies to buy one and send it to me, or I could have it scanned and 3D printed just like you did.
I don\'t want to do that.
I want to outsource as much as I can.

Here\'s the option.... you can ignore me or tell me to \"**** off\" if you choose. My response to that will be to have someone model one for me, print it and make them for me. I am going to have these made and sell a ****load of them regaurdless.
So who do you want to profit from it?
You or me?
Not only that, but anyone who is my competition will be crushed by me.
It\'s just business bro.
I am holding out the olive branch.
This is serious business with se rious money involved.

If you want to make some history, contact me.
However, please don\'t delay, I am working on this project as we speak.

(wait till you see my new carbon fiber shells!!!)
Oh yeah...
- Videobob

Videobob 03/05/2013 said:
So I see what path you are taking on GBFans. Were you hoping that maybe some of the GBFans would support the idea? None of those dweebs matter dude. 10 **** talkers vs. a million consumers?
Mistake!!!!

I made no threats or ultimatums, just a generous offer to do business or to understand the facts of business. Thats just the way things work man.

As I said, I am not nor will I recast your gun or anyone else's. I have purchased finished guns that turned out to be recasts, but thats out of my control. I was attempting to do the right thing with you and your "community" but as Peck says, "you thought it would be more fun to insult me".

So, I will have a 3D modeler make up the gun and all the parts for me in CAD and have them printed in ABS for me.
You and I both know that your $200 gun kit costs you about $10 in resin, so watch how cheap I sell mine! They will be every bit as good, in BLACK and with proper mounting points for the electronics.
I am also working on a plug and play harness that will come with it.

I just had a meeting with a company that will do my shells in carbon fiber. They will be super light and strong, untouchable.

You will find that people just want the best part for the best money. They don't care who made it and who made what by themselves or what was outsourced. Thats all irrelevant.
Go ask Wal-Mart how that works.

As for my licenses, Diamond Select's license was a set unit production agreement as is mine, so it was non exclusive.
I can assure you that when my deal with Sony is complete I will do everything I can to shut down my opposition as best as I can.
I took in 80K in the last month, 2 Time Machines, a Bluesmobile and 4 full Proton Packs.
Business is good.
The only one who loses in this equation is YOU dude.
So you can play your internet games like a 6 year old or you can grow up and do real business.
It won't do you any good to kiss up to GBFans when the website is deleted by Sony!!!
- Bob

Sent from my iPad

Videobob 03/05/2013 said:
Smooth move.... you screwed yourself out of at least a $20,000 sale.
If AJ was smart he would befriend me, let me sell on his site and promote me while taking a commission. He would pocket several grand a month.
Just goes to show that talent doesn't equal brains!

It just creates more work for me but in the end a lot more profits....
its guys like you who create monsters like me.
By refusing to help and share in the business I am forced to have to do things on my own and ultimately end up crushing the other guy.

BTW, hiring a CAD modeler to look at photos and measurements I took of the screen used parts at Sony and them print them on an ABS printer is NOT recasting....nothing of the sort!
So I don't get how you guys are claiming that ****.
I am simply hiring a company to manufacture parts for me, that COULD have been YOU!!!
Why is that a bad thing?

I tried to be nice....I tried to offer to make you a bunch of cash and the opportunity to do something really cool....gee, what a jerk I am?
What a horrible guy? Offering to make you tens of thousands of dollars?
How disgusting????
Now go post that for your buddies (who don't actually pay your bills like I would have) they just rattle their worthless opinions.
Enjoy the lower-middle class....
I saw photos of your house so I know you don't have a lot of money, you could have bought a new car off of just one of my orders.
Sad.
You have let bullies and peer pressure keep you from moving forward in your hobby and business.
Mistake.

Sent from my iPad

Videobob 03/06/2013 said:
Let me try another approach.
I can see how I am coming off too cocky.

Just like you, I am a fan of these props and movies.
So much so, I have dedicated my life to it.
I closed my restaurant in Dallas and opened up my shop just so I could build
all of my dream cars and live out my fantasies of building and enjoying these props.
With all of that comes responsibilities.
As I got more and more commissions I had to expand and hire people to help.
I reached out for fans like me, not just laborers.
I have 2 full time employees and 4 part time.
I pay out over $5000 a month!
They depend on me to help them live and feed their families.
It's a lot of stress sometimes, but the pay off is that we get to build the coolest stuff in
the world and we also make other fans dreams come true.
There is nothing more awesome than the look on the customers face when they get that
prop or car, it gives you a real sense of pride.

That said, I respect the amount of work you put into your guns and I thought we could possibly work together.
I understand your concerns about me recasting your work, as I said, if I wanted to do that I could have.
I didn't and I won't, ever.
We all know the story about my studio shell, I don't want to rehash that crap again... but in short,
it doesn't have a direct owner and no one in particular is getting hurt by it.
We have done so much remodeling to it I really feel like I can call it my own.

For the sake of full disclosure, I will come clean on one thing I did recast.
I did recast my bumper, but only partially.
I cut it into 3 pieces and removed about an inch or more out of it, then I sanded down the edges
and shortened it so it would fit my shell properly.
By the time I was done with it, there was little of the original left. It was more of template than anything.
However, I got so much grief over it I swore I would never do that lazy route again.
We are working on building a new one of our own.
I have talked to some of the best builders in the business and they ALL admit to doing things like this.
So I am not alone....
Every single one of my other parts was hand made by me and I have the originals to prove it.

You and I know how much work it will be and how long it would take to have someone model me the guns.
I have detailed photos and measurements of the originals they could source from, but it would be expensive
and time consuming. It would be so much easier if I could call you up and order 10 or 20 of them.
It takes the work load off my guys and I get a quality product. Everyone wins!

It's not all about the money, no.
We all share a passion for this stuff, but isn't it great to make a living doing what you love?
Is that such a bad thing?
My eBay feedback proves that I build and deliver a quality product and for a great price.
That must account for something?

I know I have made some mistakes in the past, I have made some enemies and for the most part it
was all over ego and bravado.
I am in a different league now, setting up as a corporation and doing actual licensed deals, there
is serious money on the table.
Not to brag, but I took in almost $80,000 in the last two months for cars and props.

As for my TV show, my producer is busy with the "Honey Boo Boo" show and that put me on the back
burner. I can't go into details but I am going to be shooting some scenes for a major network in the next few weeks.
Trust me, you and everyone on the planet will see it when it airs and I am sure GBfans will be buzzing talking about it.

Anyway, I was just trying to honestly reach out to you and offer you a business opportunity.
If you don't want to do it, that's fine.
I will just have to build my own.
All I was saying is that if I DO have to build my own I will do it well and I will have to recoup my losses
and sell as many as I can to make up for it.
This will force me to flood the market with them which will affect your sales.

Anyway dude... sorry to bother you and everyone else.
I'm just a prop builder who is a fan of these movies who wants to make a living doing it
and take care of my guys at the same time.

Good luck in your endeavors.

- Videobob

While I have posted these to other forums I have not made any public comments nor have I emailed him back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite portraying himself as the new Bill Gates, he sure got offended that you won't cooperate with him on some 'minor' item :lol

Thanks for posting, haven't laughed so hard is aaaaaaaaaages :lol

Holy crap dude, what's his deal? Everything about these emails screams "untrustworthy", not to mention his lousy attitude and contradictions. Practices like this makes me confident he will always fail..

what's his deal?

Having observed his antics over the years, including some colourful youtube videos :lol, I can safely say that

1) He is a worthy case-study for a psychological journal

2) The Oxford dictionary has not yet included a sufficient amount of negative adjectives that can be applied to him

3) So much better, and to keep it brief in one emoticon, just say that he is ..... :wacko

But entertaining nonetheless :lol

I really love his whole "Loads of cashhhhhh" thing. Sounds like he's got some GREAT licenses with absolutely no talent to follow through on them.

I also love the unprofessional language. It sounds like he's 15.

Since he was banned before I first came here, I don't have enough background informations to judge him. I just know: a few weeks ago he bought my "Tales from Space" comic on eBay and I asked myself why a known recaster doesn't just download my PDF in the BTTF paper prop thread for free and print the comic himself?! I'm sure, though he's banned, it's easy for him to get access to all the sections of the forum, even the paper props.

The joke is in "recasting", copying paperwork would be some sort of "reprinting". ...

I agree. But since I saw even native english speaking people here using the term "recast" for paper prop copies, I think you can use both, "recast" and "reprint". ;)

But nonetheless thats the joke he made. It made me smile. :)

Probably it´s not nessessary a native english thing - more a thing of knowing what casting really is. A lot of folks never have done the master/rtv/mold/resin thing - they just use the different terms of cast as another word for "copying a prop-thing-whatever".

It was indeed a joke. :) Not a native english speaker myself, but that's indeed what I meant, yes.

But it's a shame, whatever the name you choose for it, that you have been recast also.

My paper props are usually free, 'cause giving it away creates friends, who tend to be a lot more easy going and helpful in the future then customers (when you decide to sell your props) who tend to be demanding in multiple ways. Just my thoughts. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back