EFX Mark IX Science tricorder

bkay, I did have that problem on my MR. All I had to do was close the door and squeeze with a little pressure on the end with the hinges. They actually slide up into the body and then it sat nice and flat. Mine happened when it fell off the display stand. It hasnt been a problem again since.

Just tried, but it didn't budge. Didn't want to use too much force, but I used a fair amount of pressure and I couldn't get it to line up...it had no effect at all. :cry I'm thinking it's going to have to go back :wacko

Mine has a slight bend in the hinge, but will be sending mine back b/c of paint scraping away from the hinges, hopefully I can get it replaced, and just send the tricorder itself back. I emailed their cust. serv. yesterday.

So how does the Tricorder properly sit on the display stand? If I have it fully open it seems to balance quite precariously. However, if the door is partially closed...actually parallel to the base...it is quite snug but seems a bit odd. Any advice?

It really just sits on the stand. Just make sure you have it pushed all the way back and it should not fall off, as long as it doesn't get bumped.

It really just sits on the stand. Just make sure you have it pushed all the way back and it should not fall off, as long as it doesn't get bumped.

Just a stupid question here but... Since the lights in these are set to shut off after two minutes anyway, and they are made of metal... Has anyone checked to see of a magnet will stick? Reason being you could install one of those rare earth magnets in the stand to aid in keeping it from falling off if it ever got bumped right? Just a thought. Howeer, if you took it off the stand with the lights sill off, then put it back on, the lights would probably activate from the magnet. Anyway, just thought I'd suggest it.

More pics more pics!!!

Does anyone know when these are going to be available in the UK and where they can be purchased from? I guess we'll be paying a much higher price too...........

EFX made 684 for world wide distro. If you want one, suggest looking up all the resellers now before they're all snatched up! Cozmictoyz.com shipped one out to me and I ordered last week.

But I'm guessing there are few available at this point.

Good luck!

Does anyone know when these are going to be available in the UK and where they can be purchased from? I guess we'll be paying a much higher price too...........

Im in the process of uploading a video to compare the MR and the eFX versions, and decided to pull out some of my other tricorders while I was at it. The video will probably have to upload overnight, but in the mean time, here is a fun shot.

00.jpg

I have the MR version of this, but you guy's are really tempting me to pick up the eFX one now too. They all look great! Glad to see the Trek prop love going strong!

I got mine direct from eFX, and it was nowhere near as expensive as Play.com.

Tripper asked me on another forum to take some side-by-side shots of the eFX and MR with some of my Stapleton Tricorders. I figured that as long as I was taking pictures, I would post them here too. From some angles it looks like they differ in size, but its an optical illusion caused by the eFX and MR bottoms doors opening more than the Stapleton versions. Myrons does have some more rounded out edges in some places where the eFX and MR both have more harsh body lines.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know who "erik814u2" is on YouTube?

I'm waiting to hear back from EFX customer service. Unfortunately the paint came off on some of the hinges on mine :thumbsdown. Hopefully it'll be ok.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back