eFX Luke ROTJ Lightsaber Reveal Preorder Finally Coming Up

shenphong

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks like the eFX Luke ROTJ Reveal saber info is up on the eFX site. Preorder is set for 4 days from today. Price is set at $499, which I think is pretty good as some were fearing it to go into the $700-$900 range.

eFX Inc. - LUKE SKYWALKER "REVEAL" LIGHTSABER - ROTJ (PRE-ORDER)

Here is a quick excerpt from the eFX site:

- MSRP: $499 Plus S/H and applicable taxes
- Edition size determined by Pre-Orders. Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide
- Constructed in aluminum, brass and copper
- Screen accurate LED effects of red and green arrows
- Glowing green crystal
- Numbered metal plaque
- eFX stand and base to display lightsaber either closed or open
- Certificate of authenticity
- 3 Payment plan will be available: $150 Deposit plus 2 payments of $174.50
S/H and applicable sales tax will be added to the last payment.

Who will be looking to get one? At that price point, it looks like I'll be considering purchasing it in the next few days seeing as how many MR sabers now go for around that range.

I'm going to be all over that. I always regretted not getting either of the MR Luke ROTJ Sabers and was thrilled when eFX said they were doing a Reveal version of it.

It will be whenever they are ready to ship. They'll send yo an email telling you they're coming in x number of weeks and that's when the second payment will be due. The third will be a month from the second payment.

I have not dealt with EFX directly yet. Is there an idea of time from pre order to ship time.

Honestly you never know, the Mark IX Tricorders were delayed a couple months I think, and then of course the Celebration V helmets have been delayed for a long while now. In general I would expect a moderate wait.

Hehe, it's funny how they say in the little blurb how it's the Elstree version in the missing cave scene shown in 2010 (although it would put a damper on sales if eFX just said, "Here's a replica of a piece that most likely was never in the film.") How on earth did that scene being finally shown demonstrate that it was the Elstree? If anything, it further cements it was the MoM saber used there. But still, I get that eFX is just saying what they need to say, nothing bad on them.

Darned pretty replica, though- excellent price to boot!

Last edited:
If anything, it further cements it was the MoM saber used there. But still, I get that eFX is just saying what they need to say, nothing bad on them.

It's definitely the MoM saber in the cut scene. Luke never does more than fiddle with the sliding plate on the box.

It is a shame this replica will falsely validate the Elstree saber (actually, we should say "sabers" - who knows how many of these Elstree fooled people into buying - at least two are known).

Well, to be honest - after seeing the various superb open saber builds here, i´m not really impressed with its look, kinda boring when open.

It looks like they changed the text...it's now talking about the MOM saber.

If they want to replicate the MoM version they should alter the rings on the grenade section and make
them irregular and also change the angle of the machined cut inbetween the rings like so :

LukeROTJHero05.jpg

LukeROTJHero10.jpg

Only then will I consider buying a ROTJ 'reveal' lightsaber, just for fun not screen-accuracy!!!

Oh and a rusted Tri-Ring also helps :lol

-Chaim

Will be interesting to see this compare to other versions available.

Ive seen the elstree props version, they seem to have a drawer full of machined bits - must be like visiting rylo's workshop :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back