eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

I think the final product is fantastic! These pictures are making me very much wish that I had one coming my way.
Btw, anybody else excited about the 100% accurate tusks?

You can't expect them to keep track of all pulls as they come out of the molds. That is just unreasonable and no company does that i don't care what they say. They get made in batches and stuck in boxes and whatever number plaque they put in the box they hand write on the outside of the box. I would bet they don't even get boxed in order. As long as they put the correct plaque with numbered box is all they are going to care about. #1 and #50 could have been boxed at the same time.
and to the numbering the dome and mask, If they did that and someone has rubbing damage on the dome they would have to replace both mask and dome and if they don't want the bad ones back that can get expensive. It would make a mess of the edition size too. Do you destroy the old one? Do they renumber the new one with the old number?

Don Post back in the 90's didn't seem to have a problem, and they made many more Vader helmets than in this run.

DPDeluxe1.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

Here's a small detail on my mask that's worrying me a bit, do you guys have this long crack like line in the middle of the C-scar/right cheek on your piece? Some comparo shots?

Not sure what you are seeing but here is mine. Looks like all the c scars were done with stencils. They pretty much exactly the same. Position is different though. Mine is in more. The smudge on the edge is not as close to the edge.

DSC08899Large.jpg

DSC08902Large.jpg

DSC08903Large.jpg

IMG_0819Large.jpg

Awesome and thank you Zombie Killer, I'm not seeing those cracks (underneath all the paint) on your mask. Just the normal lines from the brush strokes, your mask looks mostly smooth underneath like other Legends' I've seen so far. Look close you'll see a long line running all across and right through the middle of the C-scar on mine and smaller line that runs down from that.

Last edited:
Without deliberately courting disaster, does anyone know why the C Scar is a simple paint blemish and not a shallow crater as seen in the movie???

Was this just cleaned up?

Rich

Without deliberately courting disaster, does anyone know why the C Scar is a simple paint blemish and not a shallow crater as seen in the movie???

Was this just cleaned up?

Rich

Did you miss the fifty billion post thread on this from about 8ish months ago?

Ultimately, the answer from gino (backed up with photos of the mold) was that there was no physical scar on the mold and that what's on film is paint and now physical.

Now, that said, before people have heart attacks and plan avenues of attack - that's what the EFX side is/was and why this piece is the way it is. Not saying I agree or disagree or anything of that nature. Just answering the above question.

Now, nothing more to see here, move along :)

:behave:behave:behave
It's all in this here thread. LOL!!
No, of course i'm VERY aware of all the discussions/vitriol etc., and yes....i suppose i WAS being slightly baiting and flippant.......it just annoys me that i can see the dent and it's not there.....still.......

i suppose if i had a couple of thousand bucks to spend, and a free afternoon with 12 cans of beer and a dremel, i could satisfy my Vader worship............

Still an amazing looking helmet. I'm still awed by the wonky tubes and stuff!!!!!

Rich

No, of course i'm VERY aware of all the discussions/vitriol etc., and yes....i suppose i WAS being slightly baiting and flippant.......it just annoys me that i can see the dent and it's not there.....still.......

Rich
Short answer: It ain't in the Baker Mold. We know the mold is the real deal. You can parse the rest out.

Is it possible that since the Tantive IV scenes were filmed after the Deathstar Duel that Alec Gunnness whacked the cheek with his lightsaber dowel and made a scrape in the paint but not in the actual fiberglass ?

i.e. it's an actual 'scratch' but only in the paint, which is why it 'looks' like it has depth when you look at screen caps and watch the movie but not being an actual outward bump or divot it didn't translate to the mold because it's so shallow.

Short answer: It ain't in the Baker Mold. We know the mold is the real deal. You can parse the rest out.

Well one person asserted that the mold didn't have it. There was a pic which was too low res to really give any evidence either way. And efx said they didn't know. So I think the outcome was that the two camps needed to agree to disagree!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back