juno

Sr Member
Original watch:
536118654_d0cf7c24d7.jpg

Here are test pieces of the engravings for the top badge:
578131079_aac7db25c0.jpg

578130465_aed48dd52f.jpg

Any input?

I do believe you are right! Thankfully, these tests were the wrong size, so I've not wasted too much time! :)

Holy Hell, Juno! That looks great!!

Have you sourced a pocket watch for this yet? Are there plans for a run of these?

It might be cool to put a frosted lens inside with a bunch of bright LED's so when it opens, you can have your DNA re-arranged by the bathing light! :eek

More than likely, you've thought of this already!

I haven't even begun to work on the internals. :confused

I will probably leave the inside unlit -- as I want them to be working pocket watches. All the ones that use the indiglo system have a not-so-pretty design.

Any input? Here's some input. That is BEAUTIFUL! I hope you plan on making a resin piece that can be put on top of a watch. I would love to make a watch with one of those beauties.

Splendid job! Or in the words of my personal favorite Doctor, FANTASTIC!

Original watch:
536118654_d0cf7c24d7.jpg

Here are test pieces of the engravings for the top badge:
578131079_aac7db25c0.jpg

578130465_aed48dd52f.jpg

Any input?

Yeah, they did a fantastic job of it...the first time the Doctor showed up with a pocket watch (considering most of the incarnations wore an unobtrusive wrist watch) it looked like this:

DWPocketwatchClosed.jpg
DWPocketwatchOpen.jpg

I build my own "inspired by" version usng the same Casio Dual Time II wrist watch:

Dsc00186.jpg

Dsc00188.jpg

As much as I love my version the new one blows it out of the water and I want one...NOW!!! :love

I'm wondering if they fabricated the prop totally from scratch or did like I did and found a compatible one (mine is a "silver dollar commemorative" I converted). The seam around the etched face plate and a few other tells lead me to believe they modded an existing item.

wow thats stunning work
i was tempted to do a static version
of the watch closed
but i might buy a cheapish watch and sculpt over it
:)

Very nice work Juno. I am constantly amazed by the work you turn out from that little machine of yours. Keep it up.

uhhh..."OG"? I know that probably doesn't stand for "Original Gangster"... :confused
EDIT:
OUTPOST GALLIFREY!!!!!! duh!
Nice find BTW!

Actually, it was originally posted on the Doctor Who BBC site under the production photograph section. They post a lot of decent prop info there.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back