Subscribe
    From
    Peoples Republic of Khalifornia
    Jun 16, 2008, 10:57 AM - Degassing chamber help #1

I need a proper degassing chamber that I could fit a 5 gallon bucket into. It can be all acrylic or aluminum with an acrylic top. I have searched on line and man the prices have gone up since I bought one way back in the early 90s. Does any one know where I could find one here in SoCal or shipped for under $1600? (closer to $1000)
    From
    Peoples Republic of Khalifornia
    Jun 16, 2008, 8:06 PM - Re: Degassing chamber help #2

47 views and no one know......
  3. Member Since
    May 2001
    Jun 16, 2008, 8:09 PM - Re: Degassing chamber help #3

Hi,
    Just go to Smart and final and get a large stock pot with at least a 1/4 inch wall thickness and a 1 inch or thicker acrylic sheet cut or you can go to Plastic Depot in Burbank on San Fernado.

HMS Mike

gobler said: View Post
    I need a proper degassing chamber that I could fit a 5 gallon bucket into. It can be all acrylic or aluminum with an acrylic top. I have searched on line and man the prices have gone up since I bought one way back in the early 90s. Does any one know where I could find one here in SoCal or shipped for under $1600? (closer to $1000)
    From
    Monrovia, CA
    Jun 16, 2008, 8:42 PM - Re: Degassing chamber help #4

A friend (Randy Cooper) went to a construction job site and asked if he could have some scrap pipe.

Its white PVC, and about 15 inches in diameter. Once I cut the sides nice and even, I glued the bottom to my metal stand, and ran a house to the vacuum pump. I took a scrap piece of 1 inch acrylic for the top and routered a channel the same diameter as the tube.

then I filled it with RTV silicone for a casket.

Works great and a 5 gallon bucket fits in there nicely.

and it was CHEAP!
    From
    NYC Area
    Jun 16, 2008, 9:36 PM - Re: Degassing chamber help #5

BrundelFly said: View Post
    A friend (Randy Cooper) went to a construction job site and asked if he could have some scrap pipe.

Its white PVC, and about 15 inches in diameter. Once I cut the sides nice and even, I glued the bottom to my metal stand, and ran a house to the vacuum pump. I took a scrap piece of 1 inch acrylic for the top and routered a channel the same diameter as the tube.

then I filled it with RTV silicone for a casket.

Works great and a 5 gallon bucket fits in there nicely.

and it was CHEAP!
    That's just about the exact same way I'm building mine. Cheap and effective!

Cam