Crystal Skull...Vodka!

NEKROFANATIC

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know, I know...This topic in the prop forum may be a tad wrong placed...or not. It really depends on how you interpret it.

I just purchased a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka that was discussed here not too long ago in regards to the IJ KOTCS. I have to say that it's pretty impressive in person and the vodka is consistently ranked in the top 3 in the world - Made from icebergs, natch.

What is the thinking on this? Obviously, it's not screen accurate, but it's not $500 either. I bought it for $51 cdn., which is basically the price of good premium vodka up here. (anything alcoholic is much more expensive here due to tax which helps pay for our healthcare system)

Picture is as follows. It's hard to photograph, due to the fact it's a clear bottle with clear yummy liquid and I just point and shot as opposed to doing anything fancy - photo wise.

sc02287.jpg

http://upload.hooverae.com/images/Nekrofanatic/sc02287.jpg

Last edited:
where did you find it? I checked the LCBO a couple months ago and they didn't have it in their database or any timeframe when it or if it will arrive. They just told me to keep checking the website (still not listed)

I live in Nova Scotia, so we have a supply due to proximity. Selling briskly tho', but at $51 per, only the vodka collector and apparently the geek are buying it.

where did you find it? I checked the LCBO a couple months ago and they didn't have it in their database or any timeframe when it or if it will arrive. They just told me to keep checking the website (still not listed)

One geek here :lol
71181239257428048142764.jpg

Dan Ackroyd was in Seattle for two days plugging the stuff, I went with a friend to stand in line a while to get his autograph. I remember discussing that, if Ackroyd is big on the supernatural; why is it called Crystal Head? It's based on the crystal skulls, and it's not a head.
I get the feeling that one way or another, Lucas is to blame. Either he managed to get some clamp on the term Crystal Skull, or Ackroyd didn't want his product associated with that train wreck.
In any case, it was cool meeting Dan, cooler seeing him tell fans that were being a pain to get in gear or get going.

Im kind of hoping eventually they do mini bottles, like you find on airplanes and in motels. A little crystal skull full of vodka.. Id love it.

If you can't find one locally, they are all over Ebay... And yes unopened in most cases, they are sold as 'novelty bottles' not alcohol ;) just confirm with the seller...

I got mine right after release when it had VERY limited distribution and had to resort to Ebay... I can now get it locally for about $45...

This what I've heard.

One liquor store owner told me that at about fifty bucks a pop you're spending about forty for the bottle. I mentioned this to a friend who owns another liquor store and he agreed.

Just passing this along.

Pete

Not a drinker myself, but damn that's a cool bottle. I remember seeing all the video footage Ackroyd did on the website, cool stuff.

Ummm... how does it taste? I got to admit that it would look cool on my bar... but 51 bucks for vodka... I think that's more than Grey Goose.

Ummm... how does it taste? I got to admit that it would look cool on my bar... but 51 bucks for vodka... I think that's more than Grey Goose.

Well if you can trust reviews it actually gets pretty good ones, not fantastic and probably not $51 a bottle quality but decent on it's own... You have to expect some of the cost is that bottle...

I'm not a vodka guy so mine will remain sealed...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back