Cloud City Blaster ***Potential Active Project***

Boba Debt

Master Member
I'm have been trying to sell my Nimrod spear gun for a while now. I have an interested person but they have not responded back to any of my replies.

I think the shipping may have scared them off.

I would like to cut the spear gun down so that I can get accurate shipping info but before I do that I need some info.

ANY & ALL INFO ABOUT THIS PROP WILL BE USEFUL TO ME

But I have following specific questions for those that have made this prop

1. What's going to happen when I cut into the back of the gun?
  2. What is the over all length of the cut area?
  3. How thick is the metal, can I use a tubing cutter or will I have to use a band saw

I may also assemble as much of this prop as I can so I'm looking for info about the assembly process, greeblies, etc.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cloud City Blaster / Nimrod Spear Gun Thread

Hi David

Even if I did my NEMROD conversion a few years ago...here are a few things I believe to remember:confused...

reg. Cutting the back off.
I didn´t have to cut off the back, well...not all of it.
When you remove the rearcap, you should be able to twist the -large- outer tube off the gun. After you took it off you should see the -smaller- inner tubing, which you have to cut off right at the end of the actual gripsection.

IMPORTANT: Can´t remember when and how, but sometime during this "surgery" I created a mess, when a large amount of oil (from inside the tubing) flooded my pants and carpet.

The front section has to be measured and cut to actual length...I went with 14,3cm IIRC. I´d recommend a handsaw for this job, as I recall the tubing being between 1,5-2mm thick!

I guess you already know about the different greeblies on the main body being fro either the V8 or the Phantom kit. You already have the coffee stirrer IIRC and would need a "C" button from an exactra calculator. The other parts would have to be scratchbuild and/ or machined.

Markus

Last edited:
Re: Cloud City Blaster / Nimrod Spear Gun Thread

I'm thinking about doing this blaster as an active project.

I would need someone to offer castings of it once the group helped me figure out how to build it.

Will post some pics tomorrow...but don´t laugh!!!

I accidently flipped the safety switch during assembly, leaving me with the "S" and an upside down "T" on the wrong sides :confused

Realized it AFTER everything was glued/ puttied/ painted :lol

Markus

Here you go...

Some pics I took during the build:
nemrod1.jpg

DSC00197.JPG

DSC00314.JPG

DSC00318.JPG

Some pics of the finished blaster (still have to give it a more accurate paintjob):
DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367.JPG

DSC00368.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

Hope these help!?

Markus

Well I finally sold my spear gun so I won't be able to pursue this as an Active Project.

But feel free to use this thread and I will check in to see what's happening and to see if I can help.

Well I finally sold my spear gun so I won't be able to pursue this as an Active Project.

But feel free to use this thread and I will check in to see what's happening and to see if I can help.

Too bad :confused

Seems like your NEMROD FS thread needed a small "push" through some pics of a finished blaster like mine, he ;) ?

Markus

Welcome back, Markus!

Just the photos I needed :)
I'll email you later about the 'gear things' on the barrel.

David: you sold that speargun, but I trust you have one in your collection?
If so, show it off!

No, I don't have one of these. I kind of lost interest in the extraneous blasters.

I might sell my Umarex RO 72 Panther De-Luxe target air pistol since I'm not really interested in building a Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster either

Welcome back, Markus!

If so, show it off!

Welcome back, Markus!

If so, show it off!

Hey Mike!

The gears -which are not as accurate as I´d wish them to be- were part of a lot I had machined years ago.

Halfshelter:

Nemrods pop up on evilbay from time to time.
Be prepared to pay anything from $90 up to $300, dep. on condition and the number of interested co-bidders at the time.

Markus

I did a quick search to see what a nemrod would cost and I see that there is a few different models that all look very similar. How do you know what model was used for the prop in the movie?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back