Cheap rubies phaser -wip

ranallace

WANTED A BLACK AND WHITE PHASER - HAD ONE OF THESE LYING AROUND - DECIDED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN - THIS IS WHAT IVE DONE SO FAR - OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM

-SHAVED SIDE RAILS OFF
Picture418_zps7506e8dd.jpg

Picture420_zps9fb6f0ad.jpg

-SHAVED DOWN REAR FINS
Picture419_zps6389044f.jpg

-SHORTENED FRONT EMITTER
Picture421_zps22d0036d.jpg

-SHAVED OFF REAR KNOB TO REPLACE WITH METAL ONE

Picture424_zps0486129e.jpg

- NEXT PLAN TO REPLACE FRONT KNOB ( DILITHIUM CHAMBER ONE ) AND FILLIN SCREW HOLES AND RELOCATE NEW ONES THEN ADD KIRKS SCREW HEAD TO BOTTOM OF HANDLE - ANYTHING ELSE IM MISSING ? TRYING TO COME UP WITH A WAY TO ADD THE LINES TO THE P-1 SIDES - DREMMEL?

The B&W didn't have rails on the P1, they were added during the repaint. Also the B&W should have 6 thin rear fins, even with the outer surface.

looking for a good alternative to the dilithum chamber knob - cause a metal one is too expensive to add to this cheap toy - any suggestions ? this ones way to small

Picture431_zps13e866ab.jpg

next will be to add correct screw holes and fill in ones that arent correct

Picture434_zpsbb399a86.jpg

** ALSO WILL BE MAKING MY OWN LOCKING PLATE OUT OF SHEET METAL - WILL ADD PHOTO WHEN DONE

Last edited:
I really like what's been done so far. I never figured the Rubies phaser for more than a stunt prop.

But if you've got an Art Asylum one, why go to the trouble of modding the Rubies one? Just to see if it can be done?

i have MULITPLE phasers, AA - DST - MR -multiple resin copies , and a midgrade .... basicly i had a few o0f these blue rubies phasers lying around and i wanted a cheapo black n white phaser , i also wanted to see what the potential of this toy was when modified - so far its been super low budget and dont look to bad so far

Last edited:
i have found it fun so far , thanks for your post .....

i am considering cutting off the power pack ( handle ) , and replacing the p-1 with a resin copy i already have thats left over from another project , adding more acurate fins and getting super radical with this thing ......i was afraid this would happen , id go overboard with this .....decisions , decisions

- i have been looking around for a cheap replacement emitter housing for this - not a fan of the rubies one ... but again dont want to spend alot ... ive been documenting this build as i go and might do a tutorial for us "frugal" dudes , once im done ( depending on how the finished product comes out of course )

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back