Caprica VR "Holo-Band" Thread

silverskyes402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can anyone get some screengrabs of the virtual glasses from Caprics, looking to see if they can be made but cant find many pics. Thanks

And if anybody can come with some found parts for this piece that would be great, getting stumped here!

Caprica_Apanowicz-thumb-550x366-13970.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Help Caprica Screengrabs

Found item you reckon ?
Kinda looks like two in ear microphone headsets joined together to me.

This kinda thing but not this model obviously.
skype%20mic-2.jpg

Yea, I was thinking the same thing, it looks like a very large bluetooth with the ear straps and ear plugs, the rest i'm guessing is just custom machined allum. pieces with LED's

With an old "Opti-grab" in the middle.... I thought those caused you to become cross-eyed! Wasn't there a class action lawsuit?

I think there just regular shaped plexi, easy enough to make, still trying to find the ear pieces, been looking at tons of wireless earphones, bluetooth ect. nothing!

Sweet Pics, thanks much, and thats a good choice for the headset, there also seems to be a smaller piece that the bluetooth fits into that connects to the allum rod. wonder if thats justa custom piece made for the headset

Can anyone get some screengrabs of the virtual glasses from Caprics, looking to see if they can be made but cant find many pics. Thanks

Sorry it's not better but here's a grab of Lacey wearing the holo-band headset from "Rebirth". Notice that the nose bridge is a different shape from the other headsets. In the other shots it seems to be just wire wrapped around the frame a couple of times and going into one side of the bridge, but on this one it has a "collar" on the frame and goes to both sides of the nose, ending in a pad. The other bridges are clear too and this one is black. Maybe the other ones were more original models and this is one of the mass produced for sale models.

rebirth_grab1.jpg

Last edited:

With an old "Opti-grab" in the middle.... I thought those caused you to become cross-eyed! Wasn't there a class action lawsuit?

I believe that was from the Steve Martin movie "The Jerk." :lol

-Sean

Great screengrab, I dident notice the difference on that holo band until you pointed it out, also Daniel's band from 1x02 sems to be different to, the ear pieces seem larger on one shot of the band.

I'm still looking for the correct Bluetooth or phone headset to make these, I can't come up with anything that has a regular earpiece then a smaller pieces on front of it, I'm thinking that the smaller pieces might be custom, made by the production so the silver bar can fit into it, any more help, any ideas?

Yea, its gotta be chromed holo metal tubing, just bent around, so there's space for the wired that control the LED's shouldent be hard to get, and the eye pieces can easily be made by making a sculpt, then casting and drilling holes, the biggest part of it would be the led sequences, not alot of space in the unit, that and the blasted ear pieces!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back