BTTF Mr Fusion Krupps Replica

Sorry, mine can print 10x10x12h
Wish I could have been a help. Shapeways is always an option but they would be VERY expensive for something like that.

Sorry, mine can print 10x10x12h
Wish I could have been a help. Shapeways is always an option but they would be VERY expensive for something like that.

Yeah, I've already been down that road with them and it's like $600. Been looking around the web but most vendors have the sale problem as you; Printers not big enough..

Just wanted to share this. I used two images (originally created by Gary Weaver) that had some dimensions, not all to make this in Sketch Up. This has taken me at least 20 hours to do. So the million dollar question: Is it possible to convert the SU file to STL?
bttf-mr-fusion-krupps-replica-mr-fushion.jpg-231866d1379164569

Ideally I would like to make bucks for my Vac Form where the base is pulled as a single piece (ribs are added later) and the top (Mr Fusion) is made in two halves and glued together. I have no idea how I would make the clear cup part. The lid might just be a piece of tinted Perspex.

Mr Fushion.jpg

As far as I know you can not use the free version of SU to export as an STL... Upgrading to the "pro" version would allow for this feature.
I personally use autodesk inventor for all of my Part drawings. If you would be willing to share your dimensions I would love to have a go at drawing these myself.

fusion-graphic-02.jpgfusion-graphic-01.jpgks0FjfYGt8l5131350324986P5809.jpgncQqhuGDILNp131350326825P5809.jpgqWrfMOHaDBC5131350329266P5809.jpg

Sorry for taking two days to reply. I down loaded the auto desk programs (there is four free ones) and did manage to draw my ALIEN tile, but wasn't able to do anything really creative on it and why I stuck with SU. I should have another go I guess.

Anyway, the images above are the ones I used. The ones of the base were originally posted by Gary Weaver. I don't have all the measurements, so did the best with what I had. Roland posted the images of the coffee grinder and some dimensions. If you can draw this better and convert this to a machinable format, please feel free to do so. I am sure there are more than a few that want to see this happen. If it helps, I can also email you my SU file.

I should be able to draw it with those dimensions. Give me a day or two... Unfortunatly, the SU file does me no good, thanks though.

fusionbaseupper1.PNG
fusionbaseupper2.PNG
fusionbaseupper3.PNG

So far using the dimensions that you posted from Gary Weaver this is what I have come up with. If anyone can get screen grabs for the hinged part in the back I can modify my drawing.

I dont think it would be worth it for me to spend time and draw the Krups Grinder since that is a readily available item. I also dont think it is worth it for me to draw the Singer Librascope base since it would be too expensive to print.

Edited with screen captures of my updated drawings, I still think the hinges in the back need work.

Last edited:
WOW that look amazing. Yes the Krupps coffee grinder is available. The idea was to draw it up in 3D (STL) so a buck could be machined for making the parts on a Vac Form.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back