Blade Runner PKD Blaster Toy Mods - Updated

Country Paul

Sr Member
I know these have been done before & I've seen some good mods of these done by Badsprout & Baron Von Blondle a while back.

Got a couple of these cheap Blade Runner style (well kind of) toy guns & thought I'd have a go at painting them up, wasn't going for accuracy just wanted a Blade Runner-ish feel.

lots going on with these toy guns, flashing lights, spinning balls, moving barrel & a really strange sound effect.

like usual I rubbed them down, filled the holes, stuck a few greeblies on & primed.

I'm keeping one pretty much as it came & the other I've added a few bits to to try & get a bit closer to the Blade Runner look

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner Blaster Toy Mods

Ok painted & weathered, not done any weathering on the silver & brown parts but I have some silver Rub n Buff I may try??

left the electronics inside for fun, that & the fact I don't have the skills to wire up any LED's :lol

I'm pretty happy with them I guess, like I said I'm not going for accuracy just a general Blade Runner feel using what I had available to me.

spent a lot of time looking at pics of the original prop so I know all the ways these are wrong, they're just a quick, easy & fun mod/paint job for a mostly wet weekend :lol

I'd love to get hold of a Metal replica, or plastic, or Resin for that matter but living in the UK on a small budget that seems easier said than done so I guess these will do for now :)

Nice mods. If these were sold in the states I'd pick up a few for sure.

I find it ironic that a toy gun loaded with lights and electronics neglects to make the LEDS in the mag real!

great work, where are these from would like a crack at that myself as i'm also in the UK and on zero budget

Thanks for your comments they're appreciated

I got these from eBay, someone in Sheffield seems to have a load of them & always has some listed for auction & buy it now, not seen them anywhere else.

Just type Blade Runner Gun into eBay & they come up, mine both arrived next day:)

They're pretty decent plastic & easy to cut, sand & paint

Felt like I needed a quick little project & I had a couple more of these toy blasters so thought I'd have another crack at one & hopefully improve slightly on my last efforts,

same basic approach but trying a little harder with the left side, lots of sanding & filling, also taken off the notches from under the steyr mag this time,

going to leave it with one trigger, i'm not going for super accurate more of an in universe look.

here's where I'm up to so far, priming & painting next

Attachments

• IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2931.JPG
    IMG_2931.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 419

Great job on the painting on your first go, have you thought of moulding the grip and reproducing it in resin, to give it that translucent look?

Overall the toy isn't a bad rip of the original, I don't know whose replica they 'recast' but they didn't do bad for a £2 toy considering the amount of guff inside.
I got one of these a couple of years ago from the bay, stripped the innards out in a kind of fit of pique after semi permanently screwing right eye with its dodgy chinese laser.

How is the size on these? Is it horribly undersized to fit childrens hands?

Here are 3 of these toy Blasters on the right opposite 2 Rick Ross PKD2's & an Offworld on the left

I think they're pretty good size wise, little short in the grip (but I'm 6ft 2" & I can get my hand round them fine)

They're pretty good for a few quid

Attachments

• IMG_2580.JPG
    IMG_2580.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 355

Here's where I'm up to with the new one :)

Attachments

• IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2936.JPG
    IMG_2936.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 236

Ok, so I think I'm finished on this new one, also updated/repainted a few parts of the 2 I'd done earlier,

When I started painting the new one I realised that I could have done a better job with my filling & sanding on it & there are a few niggles but nothing that I had the time or energy to start over with.

Like I said wasn't going for accurate, wanted a kind of in universe street cop look so kept the grip black (Can't get a decent Amber or wood look anyway :D)

Happy enough, just wanted a fun little weekend project,

Here's a few pic's & some of them together with my other blasters for size etc.

Attachments

• IMG_3054.JPG
    IMG_3054.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3032.JPG
    IMG_3032.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3036.JPG
    IMG_3036.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 410
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back