Best Conan Sword For The Money

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I read about the Conan swords that are out there on the market so I'd like to What the best one is out there so some fans can has some solid info on this.Thanks

Yeah, I've got the Marto, and I'm quite pleased with it. The Atlantean has always been my "holy grail" prop, and with the Albion out of my price range, the Marto was it. Short of a screen-used sword, I think I'm set.

I agree, the Marto for the money is great. Picked mine up years ago before they really increased in price. I'd love the Albion, but alas they are no longer available and quadruple the price. I don't plan to "do battle" with mine, so a wall hanger is okay.
Cheers, Kevin

I must agree, the Marto is a fine piece of work, good weight to it. It came, as I recall in two versions, a standard version at £250 which came in a normal card case, and a collectors version at £500 which was made of a higher grade steel, the crossguard and pommel were of bronze and the whole thing was just superior quality, and came in a wooden crate. Sad to say I could only afford the standard :cry

Guess I read the number wrong....................

022_20.jpg

Last edited:
Probably some special, uber-rare edtion.

cs1o.jpg

cs2o.jpg

Jody Samson will be sorely missed. :(

Last edited:
Probably some special, uber-rare edtion.

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

Jody Samson will be sorely missed. :(

He will be missed indeed.

I like your "numero uno" lol

Mine is #301....Jody's is the only real sig on the cert. the rest are photocopied.

You know, clutch, your sword is also uber rare as the runes were engraved post heat treating.Howy told me they did 75 ( if I recall correctly) and the steel was just too hard to engrave,so all swords after that were first engraved then hardened.

My runes are black inside (from heat treating) and you can see fine line etch marks.

Also my serial# is stamped on the outside of the ricasso with the words
"conan properties ,inc. 2005"

Photo0080.jpg

Photo0081.jpg

Sweet! I didn't know that. I also have #20 and Father #1. Probably the most loved items in my collection.

swords01o.jpg

BTW, I've also noticed slight differences in the sea dogs sculpture wise. The 20's are not as 'beefy'.

Last edited:
Yes!

I've seen you post those before....LOVE IT!....don't sell the #20!!!!

Take a look at the runes on mine.I was a bit upset after first seeing runes that were silver and rustic, and then recieving runes that are black and "machined" looking, but it has grown on me.I think they should have done an acid wash in the runes to remove the machine lines before the final polish.

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Interesting. I've seen some other higher number swords and it looks like their antiquing of the bronze components got darker as they got up in the numbers. Still a heck of a nice sword.

As I suspected, they did different 'runs' of these things. I seem to remember them doing a small set of ones with silver instead of bronze parts too. Anyway, I got this from Mike Sigman at Albion:

Arnold does have one of ours in his office but it is not the Anniversary number 1. We did a special number series for the ones that Arnold purchased. Milus does own the ones that were on the screen. We have them at the shop right now though.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back