Batman Begins Noble Grapple Gun-Modifed

Tom1971

Sr Member
Well I picked up the Noble Collection Begins Grapple Gun. I wanted to go with it due to not being a fan of resin and the fact that I wanted to make some modifications. At first I was dissapointed but I really like it now. Here is why.
The Gun is all metal as far as the body. All the black parts are plastic. At first it does not seem to be accurate and the color is not accurate but as mentioned on the video it is very accurate on further study.
Here are pics and videos. I only spent about an one to two hours working on it so far but it now has a moving slide for chambering and a removable magezine. The video is bad quality due to a very bad camera and I'm rushed so I'm going and talking fast. Hope you all like it. I put both flash and non flash pics up.
HPIM6928.jpg

HPIM6931-1.jpg

HPIM6932.jpg

HPIM6934.jpg

HPIM6934.jpg

Here is a screen pic that shows the "Thump" pull tab thing where it is. Not pulled back. There is also a great shot of him firing the gun just before it's ripped from his hand by a "pawn". You can see the bolt and thumb part both go back when fired. Sorry I don't have screen cap ability
HPIM6953.jpg

HPIM6949-1.jpg

HPIM6947-1.jpg

Videos:

Last edited:
The gold parts on the slide that should be black are part of the two halves of the gun that are metal. I guess Noble was two lazy to paint them black after the whole frame is gold. That's also why it has the seam of course. Two metal halves put together. Painting the slide parts that are gold black alone would make a big difference.

Also the trigger is actually metal and the grips are rubber. They are not plastic like I first thought. Once the grips, magazine, and side wheels are carefully removed they each hide a screw that can be removed and the whole thing come apart which makes modifying easier.

Nice modification man! :thumbsup Now I just have to get up the nerve to try something like that with mine. (I'm a pretty big coward when it comes to stuff like that.) :)

This one is being finished as we speak. Well it will be when I'm done being sick. It's really been kicking my backside because I want to make it right. I have a fellow board member interested in it so as soon as I'm done I'm gonna get some pics and video of it and have hime take a look and then if he still wants it it's his.

I have thought about offering a run but I'm not sure it would work. It's takes a while as it's just me working by hand and this requires a lot of work to accurize and outfit with the arrows, etc. The base gun is $200 from Noble and it's very labor intensive so I'm not sure how many people would want to spend that much.

For me to offer these it would be $600 ($200 for the gun, $40 for the arrows, and the rest on supplies but mostly labor) total for the modified gun with two arrows and one removable magazine arrow/wheel. That's an awefull lot of mula.

Due to a very unexpected new job and sudden move and with some problems with this gun this project needs to be put on hold for a while.

I've gotten a few requests for info about having one of these built for a few different members so here is some info. This is just info and not an interest list.

This project is on temporary hold. I got a very sudden and unexpected new job 600 miles from home so we are moving as well. I had to pull my videos from photobucket to make space.

The gun itself is already promised to another member when it is finished so once it is all done I will post pics and a complete video detailing evrything. If he still wants it it's his.

After that if you are interested I would be happy to build more. However they are not cheap and honestly I don't know if they are worth it.

For me to make one it's your Noble Grapple Gun and $400+ shipping. So $600 total plus shipping. You would need to order a Noble Grapple Gun, take it out of the very nice case and sent me just the gun. I can order it for you and have the whole thing sent to me then send the whole thing to you but it would cost a lot more. To ship just the gun back and forth is not nearly as much. For that price you get one mofied grapple gun with two permanant broadhead arrows inside and one broadhead with wire wheel that goes in the removable magazine. I can do extra mags and broadhead/wheels but they will cost extra.

For the cost it's $240 for just the gun and the broadheads and the rest is labor. This takes a while and is all done by hand by me at my bench. I don't have a shop or anything.

I need a month or so to get the family settled and then I should be able to finish the first one. The simple task of sealing the center seem proved to be a nightmare and is taking a while. Once that is done and the video is posted, plus I have a review from my first customer that they are happy with it I will be glad to make more. These can be made at any time but I don't know how long the Noble Grapple gun will be available.

Please don't hesitate if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Tom

BTW there is currently a very nice and much less expensive Grapple gun being offered in the junkyard.

can you tell me the total length of the gun? I've heard that the resin ones are 12" and the Noble is 10". I prefer the shorter.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back