The Baron's (Blue Realm) Dredd 2012 Helmet

The postman came this morning with a beautiful package for me...one of Devin (bluerealm)'s Dredd 2012 helmet casts and what a lovely thing it is!

Here it is straight out of the box...

IMG_0576.jpg

As well as being a lovely cast it comes with a fix it kit for widening the face opening and making the eye and nose section a bit more screen accurate, they are really easy to apply but not being a genius with the dremel I spent a good hour sh!**ing myself before finally plucking up the courage to get cutting.

A half hour or so of tentative cutting and sanding later here's the state of play thus far

IMG_0579.jpg

next step is painting..well more accurately - priming it then going to choose the best suited colours :D

Very exciting project, loved the movie, been a fan of Dredd since I was a tiny little fella and finally I have the holy grail in my hands...let's hope I don't mess it up!!!

Respect
P.

after being primed and a couple of coats of a satin black...it's looking quite nice so far, enough shine but without being too shiny...let's see how it looks after a night drying.
It's raining outside or I'd be out there later doing the red! GRRRR:darnkids

IMG_0584.jpg

well after some major spraypaint coatings I finally unmasked the beast today and it looked flat..awful plastic...what to do? such a beautiful cast and I've made it look like a toys'r'us special nooooo!!!!

BUT to the rescue...GRAPHITE SHAVING!!!

the pic doesn't do it justice, it looks metallic but used and dirty..really cool!! thank god for old pencils :D

Only the respirator badge, padding and some specific weathering to go..and mybe some daylight photograhs on a proper camera instead of after dark iPhone snaps :D

IMG_0600.jpg

fairly happy about now...a ways to go though...

thanks..the beard is one of my original props...;)

Here's the state of play after today's shenanigans....
Respirator badge painted and affixed, weathering done (mostly...for now anyway)

I'm just waiting on some foam and cloth for the padding and some rub n buff to go over the respirator badge and give it a much more pleasing metallic shine

IMG_0611.jpg

soooo close!

Well...she's done...for now..I always have a habit of tinkering after completion..and would like to at some point make the padding a bit better BUT for now...I'm satisfied, lovely piece to work on kudos to Devin for a fabulous sculpt and cast..cheers!!!

_A272478.jpg

_A272479.jpg

_A272481.jpg

and my new passport photos

dreddpassport.jpg

Last edited:
Well...she's done...for now..I always have a habit of tinkering after completion..and would like to at some point make the padding a bit better BUT for now...I'm satisfied, lovely piece to work on kudos to Devin for a fabulous sculpt and cast..cheers!!!

_A272478.jpg

_A272479.jpg

_A272481.jpg

and my new passport photos

dreddpassport.jpg

Just realised I've seen your work on the Minty FB page...superb work sir... Minty 2 yeah!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back