franz bolo

Sr Member
If anyone has any pics of the weapons, post them here!!

I took these images from a book while I was at the bookstore yesterday.

32914419.jpg

84832670.jpg

79095864.jpg

78810513.jpg

FB

re: Avatar Weapons & Guns

Anyone know what video these came from? I recall seeing it but forgot where.

51291475.jpg

FB

Those grabs came from a 'making of' clip called "Avatar Hardware" the tops shots show Richard Taylor discussing the weapons at Weta. The clip also goes on to a number of short interviews with Cameron wherein he discusses the flying armada and the weapons in general.

You can download that clip and others in hi-res from Rotton Tomatoes
http://au.rottentomatoes.com/dor/ob...avatar_hardware.html;jsessionid=34ejto5hv0987

Last edited:

There is a weapon that seems to be 3 machine guns rolled into one, used on tripods and door mounts with 3 feeds and (as far as I can tell) a single ejection port on the underside.

The 1st pics look a lot like the gun used in the CG appleseed movie , could have been an influence as Cameron watches a lot of anime. Sweet designs on all the weapons in this movie

From Greg Broadmore, Weta artist & designer:

"The RDA weapons may be made as replicas, I know there has been talk, but who gets the license, I am not sure. I hope we get to make them because I would love to own some of them.

... the majority of the RDA wepaon design was by Aaron Beck, with Steve Lambert contributing a few major weapons and Christian Pearce adding one. Others like Leri Greer ... were integral to the graphic design and technical aspects of the weapons."

-Mike J.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back