ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Since we're looking through cylinders, here's one I came across that looks pretty darn close. Overall it looks too small and the fins are a little long, so unfortunately it's only similar to the part we're looking for.

From what I've read it's also incredibly rare, only 8 of this particular engine were made. So I guess we're lucky it's not the same one. :lol

7HYb6Z0s.png

nxPRSd0e.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Updated first post with the latest Booster/Barrel design.

Things are still moving, lots of details being worked out. ;)
More to come!

-Carson

Seeing that reminded me a question i wonder about .......

The barrel of the cast Merr-Sonn looks so much longer, and the flashhider somehow smaller than the parts of the ANH-Hero it should be cast from.

Did we already come to a conclusion about the barrel length for the Hero? For the part between the end of the flashhider and the point where the chamfered bullbarrel mets the receiver?

And why looks the Merr-Sonn so much longer ...... it can´t be all a optical distortion from a missing scope?

I can't say 100%, but I think the Merr Sonn's Flash Hider was pulled forward a little before molding.

The amount of exposed Barrel looks considerably longer than the DL-44. If we go by the Antenna length, the Merr Sonn Flash Hider would need to be pulled forward enough so the end of the Antenna stem just reaches the Barrel chamfers. The DL-44's Flash Hider looks to be positioned closer where the antenna hangs over the Mauser upper a little.

-Carson

I think Lonepigeon said a while back that that was the case. The Merr Sonn casting was made by pulling the FH forward for a longer barrel and as Carson said, the Antenna is completely on the barrel on the Merr Sonn and overhangs the receiver on the HERO.

Great job on the Barrel/Booster Carson!

Looks exactly like the real booster and barrel assembly!

My Official Pix order arrived today, a 16x20 of Greedo pointing his blaster toward the camera. Unfortunately the Blaster area is very blurry and the Grill piece detail isn't too clear.

Still a great photo to own otherwise, now I know what Han was seeing while he shot first..:lol

0nbEEksa.jpg

Here's a scan of the Blaster for everyone :thumbsup
vZXZrKy8.png

-Carson

Last edited:

thanks for the great pic!

Never can trust those Rodians...they are a shifty lot.

hope GL comes to his senses and changes it back for the blueray.

Nooooooooo!

GL put the Vader yell in Ep6?

anyone else hit by Irene? Best of luck recovering. just got power back today.

I just stumbled across this thread yesterday... Today I went and took a bunch of high res pics of a real HW dialyte scope I picked up a few years back... along with the matching scope rings. I hope that this will further the quest for complete accuracy on this project.

I don't think the rings are the ones for the ANH Hero blaster - but I they are the right ones used for the rebel trooper blaster... so since i had them out I took pics :)

If anyone needs a specific pic or the original images uncompresed feel free to drop me a note.

Here's the link
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/Jedi_Dade/Star Wars Pics/HW scope and rings pics/

Jedi Dade

Last edited:

Thanks JD!

Great pics and details for the scope and mount!

Hope to have some new stuff posted soon.

I hope everyone has checked out the beginning of the thread where Carson posted the revised Booster/Barrel. It turned out great!

very accurate and mates perfectly with the FH which is perfection IMO, should make a great part. Can't wait to start turning these.

Let us know what you all think!

Irene made a little stop at my place too, just got my power back maybe 25 minutes ago. I'm enjoying the time away from the generators for sure..:D

Things are back in motion! :thumbsup

-Carson

Thanks Jedi Dade, those are very helpful photos!

I just stumbled across this thread yesterday... Today I went and took a bunch of high res pics of a real HW dialyte scope I picked up a few years back... along with the matching scope rings. I hope that this will further the quest for complete accuracy on this project.

I don't think the rings are the ones for the ANH Hero blaster - but I they are the right ones used for the rebel trooper blaster... so since i had them out I took pics :)

If anyone needs a specific pic or the original images uncompresed feel free to drop me a note.

Here's the link
HW scope and rings pics pictures by Jedi_Dade - Photobucket

Jedi Dade

-Carson

Irene made a little stop at my place too, just got my power back maybe 25 minutes ago. I'm enjoying the time away from the generators for sure..:D

Things are back in motion! :thumbsup

-Carson

You had a generator???

I'm getting one for the next one!

You had a generator???

I'm getting one for the next one!

Yeah, but unfortunately it was mainly to keep a couple freezers and the refrigerator going..:unsure
Helped having a fan going at least though. :thumbsup

-Carson

I just read all 31 pages...I think my head is going to explode!!!!
Seriously, great research guys!!!
Ed

I just read all 31 pages...I think my head is going to explode!!!!
Seriously, great research guys!!!
Ed

You ain't seen nothin yet!

But really, I think everyone here has contributed to this project and has enhanced the accuracy and details of these parts.

I know Carson is very busy finishing up the parts and will post Mount and Grill images soon.

Since JD was kind enough to post the link to those great scope pics, maybe we should talk about that a bit.

Is everyone agreed that - that is the correct scope? I know that it has been said that no one has seen the same scope twice, but it seems very close.

I know that others has original scopes too. Maybe we can compare to the HERO and see what details we need to incorporate.

Our hope is to create a SEE through scope, possibly out of Brass, with lens and SW type Reticle.

We would also like to have a "click" stop adjustment knob. I have drawn up a possible simple way to make this (with cost in mind) and would like to hear any other ideas and comments.

My machined parts (first attempt)

scopeknobdetailscopy.jpg

This is a possible way to create the click effect without too much trouble. (I hope)

detantringdesigncopy.jpg

Maybe even add a SW etched disk as shown?

What do you think?

Last edited:

Don't go to too much trouble, the original knobs don't click, they besically just unscrew once you remove the front retaining screw.

And what's with the fancy etched plate and reticle? They didn't have such nonsense on the original prop! ;)

You ain't seen nothin yet!

But really, I think everyone here has contributed to this project and has enhanced the accuracy and details of these parts.

I know Carson is very busy finishing up the parts and will post Mount and Grill images soon.

Since JD was kind enough to post the link to those great scope pics, maybe we should talk about that a bit.

Is everyone agreed that - that is the correct scope? I know that it has been said that no one has seen the same scope twice, but it seems very close.

I know that others has original scopes too. Maybe we can compare to the HERO and see what details we need to incorporate.

Our hope is to create a SEE through scope, possibly out of Brass, with lens and SW type Reticle.

We would also like to have a "click" stop adjustment knob. I have drawn up a possible simple way to make this (with cost in mind) and would like to hear any other ideas and comments.

My machined parts (first attempt)

scopeknobdetailscopy.jpg

This is a possible way to create the click effect without too much trouble. (I hope)

detantringdesigncopy.jpg

Maybe even add a SW etched disk as shown?

What do you think?

The original has no click? That makes it easier!

The Reticle and dial plate are possible options. Just for fun.

I know they are not from the original but some people may want the effect. They could be just add on's.

Good to hear your thoughts Marcus.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back