Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Working on some more props: 3 Jan - IG88 blaster

A little more work on the IG88 blaster. The barrel jacket has been a nightmare and this is my second attempt! Big thank you to Markus for the resin parts and all his help.
ig882.jpg

ig883.jpg

Re: Working on some more props: 29 Dec - Hero Tie helmet done

Totally missed that, the cone knob has a source?! Nice work!

Yes - no way to do it without the template. He did a great job!

You're too kind, Arturo. I still haven't built the sling blaster kit of yours yet!

My schermuly casting is about ready for a coat of black. I'm using zinc aluminium primer for the first time that Markus introduced me to. It can be buffed to a nice shiny metallic finish and will show through the black after weathering. Still waiting for my second M38 to arrive from the USA.

schermuly3.jpg

schermuly2.jpg

schermuly1.jpg

More progress on the IG88 blaster.
ig884.jpg

ig885.jpg

And making slings for my various A280s and Bossk's blaster.
slings1.jpg

Don't dangle the "Hey I got a new primer" and not clue us in to the brand! ;) :lol

I'm hoping to get my sling done fairly soon. With the amount of time I've spent on building/rebuilding my Endor blaster I was almost to the point of whether I keep it, sell it, or smash it to pieces. :lol I don't know if I could handle doing another one!

Re: Working on some more props: 8 Jan - Bossk blaster

Just search for zinc aluminium primer. Sometimes also called Weld Through primer. I think it's designed for galvanizing bare metal and adds a layer of real metal in the paint.

Re: Working on some more props: 8 Jan - Bossk blaster

Zinc Alum Primer you say??? Sounds like a big boy version of the Model Master metalizer. Must try this.

Color me interested. Great job KB!

Re: Working on some more props: 11 Jan - More 3P0 and IG88 blaster work

Going to get the shins and calves vacuum metalized again after installing new smaller hinges and repairing several cracks. Here they are wetsanded up to 2500 grit and buffed. I wish I had spent this much time prepping the rest of the parts before they were plated!
3p026.jpg

3p027.jpg

3p025.jpg

Added the rounded underside to the IG88 blaster. With only 3 reference photos to work from and two of them a blurred mess it's difficult to see exactly what details have been added here. I'm going to get taller styrene strips.
ig888.jpg

ig889.jpg

ig8810.jpg

The thing that bugs the hell out of me is that we know Lucasfilm probably has all these pics already. Then they put out books that don't give us good views of them. Maybe someone will do a prop version of Brandon's costume book with proper pics.

Getting the shrouds and Singlepoints/scope rings to fit these has been a challenge, especially the two metal ones!
endora28022.jpg

Re: Working on some more props: 15 Jan - ESB blaster progress

Only one small problem. The scope rings are all on the wrong way round! And the clamping plate, knob and pin are not used. It's going to be tricky to fix this due to the holes already drilled/tapped in the scope rings and scope rails :(

esbshroud1.jpg

esbshroud2.jpg

esbshroud3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back