Obi Wan ANH Hilt - Authentic Parts?

Andymac84

Sr Member
Somebody ever rebuilt an ObiWan ANH Saber with all the authentic parts?
Would be interesting how all these different pieces fit together...

Authentic parts:
"The emitter is a balance pipe from a Derwent engine, the neck and grooved section is a British #3 Mk1 frag grenade body, the mid section consists of a clamp from a Graflex flash gun with a bubble strip from a vintage Exactra calculator and vintage transistors, below that is a booster from an ANM2 Browning machine gun and lastly, a vintage Armitage Shanks hand wheel/sink knob."

There are a lot of threads here dealing with various builds of an Obi hilt - some even with genuine parts.

You asked in another thread about parts.. RussRep has made fantastic replica pieces that are some of the best quality replica's out there. I own a heavily modified Parks that 90% I'm happy with. Its all so subjective...

Do a thread search and you will find a treasure trove of information here.

Good luck.

All authentic vintage parts Obi-Wan saber built by me for kurtyboy:

shipping020-vi.jpg

shipping006-vi.jpg

shipping032-vi.jpg

shipping009-vi.jpg

My own personal Obi saber with all authentic vintage parts except the balance pipe:

1_obi033_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi006_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi016_cody-vi.jpg

1_obi029_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi037_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi027_copy-vi.jpg

These sabers are stunning fantastic!! Simply AWESOME!
In my opinion the parks one is a bit too shiny and looks new. This one as posted above is THE REAL DEAL. What was the price range on that??

The one I made for kurtyboy is probably in the $4000 range for parts, mostly the balance pipe. My saber is about $1500 in parts if you bought them today at current prices.

I don't know what he paid for his, but that one is the closest model next to the correct one. I'd KILL to have one like that if I couldn't get the correct version.

Due to how rare both models are (correct and almost correct), they still command $2000 each if you can find anyone with one to sell.

Hi James,

Seems like you just "clamped" the Exactra Bubbles between the Graflex Clamps instead of sanding a bit off from the bottom and squeezing them underneath ... your methode is exactly IMHO I always believed the propmakers also did with this lightsaber ...

-Chaim

PS Sorry RoCKo for the quotation of both pics :confused

Last edited:
Hi James,

Seems like you just "clamped" the Exactra Bubbles between the Graflex Clamps instead of sanding a bit off from the bottom and squeezing them underneath ... your methode is exactly IMHO I always believed the propmakers also did with this lightsaber ...

-Chaim

PS Sorry RoCKo for the quotation of both pics :confused

Yes, I agree. Most people, especially using thinner Blast-tech bubbles, have the clamps far too tight and not screen accurate on the Obi saber as well as the Luke Graflex.

Yes, I agree. Most people, especially using thinner Blast-tech bubbles, have the clamps far too tight and not screen accurate on the Obi saber as well as the Luke Graflex.

And James,

Is that why they tightened the Graflex Clamp down on this saber with those two "nails" and that little screw because otherwise it would just go round and round and round like it did on Luke's lightsaber???

-Chaim

Last edited:
Is that why they tightened the Graflex Clamp down on this saber with those two "nails" and that little screw because otherwise it would just go round and round and round like it did on Luke's lightsaber???

-Chaim

Somewhere between keeping the clamp in place and holding the believed broken saber together.

The correct BP is rare indeed. I think only a dozen or so exist.

I wouldn't think the incorrect BP would be worth much. Almost like the newer AS sink knobs.

FB

Due to how rare both models are (correct and almost correct), they still command $2000 each if you can find anyone with one to sell.

The correct BP is rare indeed. I think only a dozen or so exist.

I wouldn't think the incorrect BP would be worth much. Almost like the newer AS sink knobs.

FB

There are many different incorrect versions that I've seen go for $25-$75, but the one kurtyboy has is almost identical to the correct one except for the bevel in the ring of holes- and it's as rare as the correct version.

It still commands a good price.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back