OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...

And the fun goes on...finally :)

After a long period of not actually BUILDING stuff, but only collecting and trying to catch up with the work that needed to be done in my house, here´s a new member of the family ;)

Jabba´s palace guard blaster V.3
Real RO72 with aluminium sideplates, accurate/ real model kit parts and machined add-ons (Thanks Michael!)

DSCF6381-1.jpg

Can´t wait to work on the Han ANH hero next, once the parts are done :thumbsup

Thx for looking!

Markus

Hey, I think the base gun looks like something we recently found in that cellar full of stuff!

:p Looking good, might be a cool future project that I probably could handle! :lol

Ah, who am I kidding ...

Yep...I already built two of these in the past, but this is my recent and most accurate one.

I can assist you in building your own, BUT I have to insist on having it displayed in your office and not just being hidden in your cellar once finished (like your ascension gun, the Naboo Blaster II and some other -display ready- props) :p

Just clean up one or two shelfes in your office and you´ll have enough room to display these :thumbsup

p.s: The living room is "upgrade-able" as well ;)

Markus

So did you find the exact parts (side plates, front sight "cone", scope) or just have the correct size parts machined? I've never heard anything on this gun about the real parts being found.

Awesome work on that blaster! :thumbsup
I too am curious about the front cone and scope you used. That scope looks very familiar for some reason, aside from the one on the prop of course..

-Carson

So did you find the exact parts (side plates, front sight "cone", scope) or just have the correct size parts machined? I've never heard anything on this gun about the real parts being found.

The only identified parts are the V8/ PhantomII model kit parts and the round bumpers that are present on the sideplates plus the part on the rear end of the scope (also found on top of the SpeederBike levers). But I´ll leave it to lonepigeon to reveal this dicovery.

The cone on the reversed frontside and the main body for the scope are molded/ cast from machined masters, the sideplates have been cut from acurrately thick alu plates.

It´s not the correct variant of the RO72, but will do until the V.4 is in the works :lol

I know this blaster has been done to death, but I´m still thrilled to finally see it finished, hanging on my wall of blasters :cool

I have quite a few WIP´s going on, but most of it is on hold due to some parts still missing and my Binocs run still not being finished ( I HATE casting ).

Markus

Beautiful as a Mofo!

Now help me with scope so I can finally finish my poor half-job! :cry

And the fun goes on...finally :)

After a long period of not actually BUILDING stuff, but only collecting and trying to catch up with the work that needed to be done in my house, here´s a new member of the family ;)

Jabba´s palace guard blaster V.3
Real RO72 with aluminium sideplates, accurate/ real model kit parts and machined add-ons (Thanks Michael!)

DSCF6381-1.jpg

Can´t wait to work on the Han ANH hero next, once the parts are done :thumbsup

Thx for looking!

Markus

Ask Michael...I think he planned that I can send you one cast ;)

markus

Well ... That's cool since it is still completely unmodified and not even repaired :LOL
You can still see the wood-putty I added to the stock.

But thanks anyway ;)

Markus

Yeah, in that partsofsw.com update we've been waiting ten years for. :darnkids

(luvya Chris! :))

Well...the moment Chris updates POSW, a massive run will start for accurate conversion parts, driving the prices sky-high :rolleyes:lol

Markus

In my ongoing attempt to create more free display space in my cabinets (for future additions :cool) I decided to put my Jawa blaster right in front of my 1:1 display. Therefore I created a small generic stand from MDF-board and aluminium tubing.

I´m planning to give the tubings and base a coat of real rust and maybe even some sand...what do you think!?

DSCF6382.jpg

DSCF6383.jpg

Markus

Real gun? Looks good, but I'd be afraid it'd fall off. Those things are heavy!

Well ... That's cool since it is still completely unmodified and not even repaired :LOL
You can still see the wood-putty I added to the stock.

But thanks anyway ;)

Markus

Adds to the look. It's supposed to be a weathered old POS! :lol

Real gun? Looks good, but I'd be afraid it'd fall off. Those things are heavy!

YEP, real deactivated no1MK3, BUT I´m no fool ;)

I´ve incorporated magnets into the tops of the alu-tubes, so the blaster "snaps" on :thumbsup

Markus

Sweet! I gotta finish my Jawa sometime. Like everything else in an in-progress state. Lol!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back