Luke tatooine rifle from ANH

Taco-Bot

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there,

Does anyone have any idea what the basis was for Luke Skywalker's hunting rifle on Tatooine in ANH? I'm not sure if it was an existing musket or if it was complete custom build. Does anyone have pics of the prop?

Is this what you're talking about?

f4pv0i.jpg

If so that's some kind of a matchlock musket,I'll hunt about for more pics.

I think Rylo just needs to step up and just do it.

Funny you say that. The last time it came up Rylo contacted me about making them and I started an interest list and i think like 3 people jumped on and that was it. Just not enough interest to make this happen. :cry

I'll probably eventually get around to making it out of wood. It, as a prop, is hardly popular probably because Luke never shoots it.

I would like to have a Star Wars blaster prop one day. Hell will have to freeze over first for the replica rifle/pistol laws in Victoria to change first, although I saw a Australian based website selling replica Denix c-96 Mausers last week. They wanted AU$389 (US$349) for it...

So getting back on topic, yes, the Luke rifle is great. I have no idea how I would get it past customs.

It doesnt look too far off from a 17thC matchlock musket. Most of the stocks had that triangular shape to the butt and there were many variations.

Sorry to dust off this old thread but I couldn't find more info on Luke's Tatooine rifle. To me it looks a lot like this model rifle. NORTH AFRICAN (MOROCCAN) SNAPHANCE KABYLE "Camel Gun", ca. 1850s. What do you guys think?

moor2.jpg

moor1.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I reckon those are "Jezail" muskets, used by arab nomads in Northern Africa and the Middle East? Those are the closest I've seen.

_A

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back