Graflex 5 cell - Help!

Old (and really bad) pic of a 2-, my 3-cell ANH, a 4-, and 5-cell battery cases.

16131855877_fa6e19db25_o.jpg

Hey nice pic! Thanks for the reference too, I definitely have a 5 cell. I could beat someone with this.....

I measure my 3 cell bottom at 117 mm, and this 5 cell at 232 mm. Two 3 cells would add up to 234 mm. So, basically yes! I'll give an extra few mm for the thickness of a hacksaw blade possibly - the piece I'll have left over will be roughly 113 mm long worst case scenario.

does anyone want a 3 cell bottom!? You'll have to add your own endcap...

Well the Luke broadsword IS happening... and my first venture into electronics... Oh it's happening... even if people call me mad...

The search for parts begins.
I would love to help, but I haven't done any saber work in over 3 years. I Don't even know where my boxes of parts are. I had stock piled some things because all the places I was getting parts from were closing up shop. Hopefully, it will be easier to find parts again; new trilogy coming out, and all.

I would love to help, but I haven't done any saber work in over 3 years. I Don't even know where my boxes of parts are. I had stock piled some things because all the places I was getting parts from were closing up shop. Hopefully, it will be easier to find parts again; new trilogy coming out, and all.

I've seen Graflex slaves from time to time, and the extension for the back of the graflex... like above, on ebay... so it's just a waiting game.

My only concern is the top of the graflex... I feel like I shouldn't ruin a real top for this... maybe I can find a replica top so I'm not cutting into a vintage.

@ NeoRutty How would you attach the Graflex Slave unit to your clamp? Perhaps a sketch would be helpful to explain the design of your custom lightsaber prop before you start 'destroying' those vintage parts altogether? :facepalm

Chaim

@ NeoRutty How would you attach the Graflex Slave unit to your clamp? Perhaps a sketch would be helpful to explain the design of your custom lightsaber prop before you start 'destroying' those vintage parts altogether? :facepalm

Chaim

Oh I'll do up a sketch...

Won't be destroying anything if I get a replica top... orrrr... If I just do it static, with no need for wires to be run to the slaves, I could do it to a real top without ruining anything....

The two slaves would be above the clamp regardless...

On an underwhelming note, I won't be chopping up this 5 cell, I don't need it anymore. I made a bold move and got myself a good haul. More to come...

@ NeoRutty ... Roy also has long T-track available ... even in rubber variant if you want it to be even more special yet accurate enough ;)

Chaim

Oh I'll do up a sketch...

Won't be destroying anything if I get a replica top... orrrr... If I just do it static, with no need for wires to be run to the slaves, I could do it to a real top without ruining anything....

The two slaves would be above the clamp regardless...

Hey El,
I couldn't help myself to contribute something. I hope you don't mind!
I love your idea! Two slave-tops on the sides. Really great!

Graflex-5-cell-broadsword.jpg Luke-ANH.23841.jpg

I would be happy to give you a nice discount on the T-tracks for this build!

Roy

Attachments

• Luke-ANH.2384.jpg
    Luke-ANH.2384.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hey El,
I couldn't help myself to contribute something. I hope you don't mind!
I love your idea! Two slave-tops on the sides. Really great!

View attachment 434060 View attachment 434062

I would be happy to give you a nice discount on the T-tracks for this build!

Roy

Awesome! Looks better than my ipad sketch by a long stretch! But pretty much exactly what I was thinking (not that it's a hard concept to visualize.

I'm just waiting on thd9791's auction win to come through and then I'll be looking for tracks (From you, Roy)

Your sketches will help when I go to my Seattle Buddy's shop to have it put together... I can send now and get him prepped for how to make it.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see this lol it's going to be incredible.

on a side note, I was told it would be put in the mail today. It's only coming from Philly, but I'm trying to be patient :lol

So, I was thinking about this and just wanted to see what it looked like if you flipped the slave units around a bit. I somehow managed to cut off part of the picture when saving...

I think I like the top one. Either that or take the original picture and have the bunny ears on different sides.

Attachments

• Graflex-5-cell-broadsword.jpg
    Graflex-5-cell-broadsword.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 162
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back