Episode 7 Rebel Pilot Helmet

I don't know about that Chinese flight helmet. Sure there are attributes that look similar but I think the shape is all wrong. Not only that, have you seen images with that helmet on? Do an image search and take a look at it being worn.

It could be a nice start, but the sides look more reminiscient of a A or B-wing helmet which might be hard to replicate off that helmet.

well should have it in a few days so we will find out.... I happen to find a used one super cheap so even if it doesnt work out its not bad. Itll be a fun project in between my other projects

I think it looks like a helicopter helmet like the sph-4 or the sph-5
SPH-4%2060-70%20USA%20Ni%20main.jpg

I've also been looking at doing one of these. The helmet actually seems more like the shape of a tank crewman's helmet, kinda like the one found HERE, but with an extra piece for the visor. The ears are obviously different than the jet fighter helmet (flatter and rounder) and, of course the mandibles seem to be pretty close to the face.

I hadn't noticed the little mohawk before but now that I see it, yeah, it definitely looks like it's there.

I'm thinking a modded skier's helmet.

Yah, something along those line (also as I mentioned before, scooter or tactical/swat style helmet).

It's hard to say if this really uses a preexisting helmet to build upon or if it is a total sculpt. If they did us a pre-exist helmet, I am thinking they only used it for a base of the master and sculpted on top of that and made casts use on screen.

If I was going to make this from an existing helmet, i would start with something like a tactical, skateboard, ski... helmet. Basically something that match the shape in the back and angle at the neck. To me, the helmet looks very close fitting to the head, not a lot of bulk and without ear coverings. You have to envision it without the ear and visor sections and you will see that the thickness of the base helmet is minimal. Real flight helmets tend to be bulbous and suspended off the head with lot of padding/foam built in. You would then have to fabricate the visor, ear, and cheek sections.

I may be wrong but that's my thinking on the matter.

star-wars-force-awakens-trailer.jpg

Anybody know what the chopped onion logo is on his mic tip represent? I know the OT helmets had them too.
There hasn't been any confirmed meaning to any of the decals. There have been a lot of speculations but nothing has been confirmed. So at this point it's kind of whatever you want it to mean.

Thanks buddy, As of right now it is too difficult to get an "exact" since there isnt much out there in terms of references. It was a fun project that didnt cost too much and was a ton of fun. I will say that alot of the dimensions are correct. I also started with one of those chinese pilot helmets, so I have the working clear and tinted visors,

ive been doing my research and following along with a couple of progress topics as well. One of the things I noticed on the big toy / doll wahtever you want to call it is that the back of the helmet is square/ flat across, unlike all the APH-6 helmets used in other movies. Im thinking its more like a CVE helmet as well based on that.

There is also a quick shot of a helmet in the 2015 ComicCon reel at 1:56 and a couple more from further away at 2:43. Those are not Poe's helmet but should help with getting the shape correct. The best images I have found so far of the helmet graphics are on the lego minifigs. Much more detail than on the hasbro figures. Theres a great closeup within the first 30 seconds in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkcbW258y4

There is also a quick shot of a helmet in the 2015 ComicCon reel at 1:56 and a couple more from further away at 2:43. Those are not Poe's helmet but should help with getting the shape correct. The best images I have found so far of the helmet graphics are on the lego minifigs. Much more detail than on the hasbro figures. Theres a great closeup within the first 30 seconds in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkcbW258y4

Great find!

wx8F5FE.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back