eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

Just calling it like I see it. You have a very small group of people with a very specific agenda who have extremely closed minds (despite all their posting to the contrary) who have done absolutely NOTHING but try to derail and undermine EFX's offering at every step of the way. They have been or at least claimed to be, king of the Vader hill for a long time and have their own self-worth so intertwined into the ownership of a piece of fiberglass that they will manufacture any scenario necessary to "prove" that the efx is in no way a threat to what they own, even when photos of the original mold are shown and people with first hand access tell them the facts, they deny it in favor of "evidence" from less reliable sources because that evidence backs up the beliefs they already hold. If calling their agenda out as BS is considered childish or insulting, I can't imagine the level of disdain you must hold for the antics they have been up to for the past two years.

"Significant dialogue" can't be achieved not because of little one-off posts like mine, but because you have a very small group of people, surrounded by acolytes, who will never conceded one inch because they are terrified it might in some way diminish their demi-god status among the Vader enthusiasts. So instead, they just continue to beat the same old drum. If ANY of that crowd had been involved in this project, there is little doubt that the helmet being offered by eFX would be hailed as the second coming but because eFX didn't acknowledge their expertise and come to worship at their alter, it will be forever be dismissed and belittled.

Again, nothing hotheaded here, it just gets monotonous to hear the same old drivel from the same old crowd with the same old agenda.

And this from the owner of the forum. Listen, I detest the negativity surrounding Vader and have tried to keep my comments factual and positive in any thread I post but this kind of nonsense seriously does not help the situation at all. This is childish, insulting, and just throwing fuel on the fire.

It is specifically because of comments like this from both sides of the aisle that a significant dialogue on the subject cannot take place. I would expect this sort of thing from more hot-headed members. Pity you can't take the higher road Mr Andrews.

I disagree that this is the case here. I read serious critique from people devoted to Vader. And why shouldnt they, as this is the biggest official Vader replica release to date? The knowledge of Vader is because of their knowledge.

Im in no way an expert, just enjoy reading the Vader discussions.

I disagree that this is the case here. I read serious critique from people devoted to Vader. And why shouldnt they, as this is the biggest official Vader replica release to date?

I disagree with your disagreement. :lol There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with serious critique. I take issue when serious critique turns into a crusade and smear campaign and that is what I see from SOME (not all) of the more outspoken critics of the eFx helmet. And if you have been following this from day one, those people should be very obvious to anyone, because from the very first announcement of the project to this very second, they have been casting doubt and muddying the waters.

Don't misread what I am saying. Is the eFX a perfect Vader replica? Of course not. Such a thing doesn't exist... even in the hands of those self-proclaimed experts. You can find flaws in any replica if you put a close enough microscope on it. The eFX helmet is, without question, the best licensed replica ever offered and most of the criticism that has been leveled against it, from that same old crowd, comes from willful ignorance and fear.

The knowledge of Vader is because of their knowledge.

Ehhh... I don't recall any of them being brought in to provide info on this project even though one of them went as far as to write... well... nevermind. They know who they are and what they did.

Really? Should I go back and quote the pic? Granted, it is not blown up to Sithlord proportions, but it is VERY clear, especially when it was rotated to match the spot on the Tantive bucket.

Yes I saw it. Read what I said, clear and or close up (not clear or close enough to make out anything RE "that subject"). Let it go.

EFX has a great helmet here and the owners should be proud to own it. I love all the great pics guys! :thumbsup

Doug

Yes I saw it. Read what I said, clear and or close up (not clear or close enough to make out anything RE "that subject"). Let it go.

EFX has a great helmet here and the owners should be proud to own it. I love all the great pics guys! :thumbsup

Doug
I'll tell ya what, when you let it go that not a single person who owns a "Fan sculpt" has even come within an inch of the Baker molds to provide even a tenth of the evidence we were shown, then I will "let it go".

Sorry you feel this way, but eFX handled the mold. Gino handled the mold, if we put two and two together and there IS NO SCAR on the mold. The proof is in the pudding, or picture in this case. Sorry the image is not more clear than that. The "divot" we see on fan sculpts is HUGE and would be noticeable. It simply does not exist on the mold. PERIOD

The real discussion here is the clean-up. That is almost a legit gripe...were the buyers not told that clean-up would happen.

I disagree with the assertion that what eFX is offering is the B all and end all of what is representative of the baker mould in it entirety. We have all been told that eFX have cleaned up the casting that have been sold to the buyers as the legend, yet are also been told that we should take what is being offered from eFX as gospel? This is clearly not the case. Believe what you will but I am in the camp that the casting I own that was taken from the same mould but many years earlier is truer to the original than a mass produced licensed replica made in a factory in China.
Art, I have to disagree with you on this one and side with the guys that have spent there replica life studying this particular prop in detail.

I'll tell ya what, when you let it go that not a single person who owns a "Fan sculpt" has even come within an inch of the Baker molds to provide even a tenth of the evidence we were shown, then I will "let it go".

Sorry you feel this way, but eFX handled the mold. Gino handled the mold, if we put two and two together and there IS NO SCAR on the mold. The proof is in the pudding, or picture in this case. Sorry the image is not more clear than that. The "divot" we see on fan sculpts is HUGE and would be noticeable. It simply does not exist on the mold. PERIOD

The real discussion here is the clean-up. That is almost a legit gripe...were the buyers not told that clean-up would happen.

Did I EVER say that there was or was not supposed to be a c scar on the Baker mold? All I have said is there is NO DEFINITE PROOF EITHER WAY. L E T I T G O.

Art, tell this guy he is trolling in an empty pond.

Please get back to the correct topic - an awesome Vader helmet.

Doug

Damn't where is the dead horse smiley..... It's a beautiful piece and those that have it are lucky.. I'm looking forward to seeing a stripped down version... Who started a betting pool to see when the first recast version is on eBay?

I disagree with the assertion that what eFX is offering is the B all and end all of what is representative of the baker mould in it entirety. We have all been told that eFX have cleaned up the casting that have been sold to the buyers as the legend, yet are also been told that we should take what is being offered from eFX as gospel? This is clearly not the case. Believe what you will but I am in the camp that the casting I own that was taken from the same mould but many years earlier is truer to the original than a mass produced licensed replica made in a factory in China.
Art, I have to disagree with you on this one and side with the guys that have spent there replica life studying this particular prop in detail.

And you people are nuts.

There are also those of us who think this whole argument is beyond stupid and has caused more harm in the hobby than it's worth.

But, if it makes you feel better. You have bestest ever.

Has anyone herd of any updates from eFX concerning the Limited version? I have been tracking the Rebel Scum forum, eFX website, Bryan's Facebook page, RPF, and even thought about asking a Gypsy to read some tea leaves to find out more.

Damn't where is the dead horse smiley..... It's a beautiful piece and those that have it are lucky.. I'm looking forward to seeing a stripped down version... Who started a betting pool to see when the first recast version is on eBay?
I am surprised Phil (SPFX or whatever name he has now)hasn't already pounced on this nonsense yet.

Wannab, what more definitive proof do you need? The section in question has a very clear pic posted of it. This is you and others refusing to see the forest for the trees. How about YOU letting it go. You guys in the camp of "No evidence" are quite simply wrong. VERY wrong.

And you people are nuts.

There are also those of us who think this whole argument is beyond stupid and has caused more harm in the hobby than it's worth.

But, if it makes you feel better. You have bestest ever.

Thank you very much! Don't ever recall slagging you off personally? A little strong I think.

Also most people like you no no better.

Grow up.

Oh, and I do. :rolleyes

I am surprised Phil (SPFX or whatever name he has now)hasn't already pounced on this nonsense yet.

Wannab, what more definitive proof do you need? The section in question has a very clear pic posted of it. This is you and others refusing to see the forest for the trees. How about YOU letting it go. You guys in the camp of "No evidence" are quite simply wrong. VERY wrong.

:rolleyes

Doug

And what proof do you have other than a photo from a company selling a product?
You people amaze me.

Last edited:
You mean the people who actually had the Baker mold in hand as opposed to all the naysayers who have never been within miles of it, right?

No.. I don't think they "agreed to disagree." The Vader nuts who are trying to protect the pieces that they have are continuing to disagree with efx's assertion that the scratch isn't their so they can continue to preach that they have the one, true religion... errr... I mean helmet.

I don't consider myself to be on one side or the other but coming at it fresh there just didn't seem to be too much evidence is all I was saying. I can't see anyone on the forum ever claiming they actually had the mold in hand - perhaps there was some behind the scenes evidence I don't know about!

You mention a smear campaign against individuals involved on the efx production - but on the contrary what I saw was that in the process of backing up the provenance of that helmet, the attempt was made to discredit a number of individuals who didn't agree by basically accusing them of fraud - a criminal offence. For some reason that was deemed acceptable behaviour - but I think you are all very lucky that none of those individuals are litigious - I am not sure you would have won in court!

I never said they agreed to disagree. I just think they should. :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back