Darth Ugly - ROTJ !

bookface

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So here it is at last, ROTJ Darth Ugly. Please bear in mind that this is not the final version. The face is from my own ESB Ugly, so subject to change in minor ways to more conform to ROTJ standard. The dome placement too is not final, and might shift around a few mm. When Mac and I are happy with the minor details, then there will be a junkyard thread about it, for those of you who have been asking.

And now, onto pics!

rotj1.jpg rotj2.jpg rotj3.jpg rotj4.jpg

Beautiful work! Didn't expect anything else though... might need an ESB and ROTJ Ugly to match my ANH... awaiting final pics anxiously! Kudos!

The circle is now complete.

Gosh, I've been waiting - how long - to say that? :D

Seriously, that is nice, bookface! We now have the full Ugly original trilogy of helmets!

Great looking helmet. Will definitely shot you a pm about this when it becomes available. Would be great to show of the differences of the helmets side by side.

Nice to see them like this :) Hope my funds will allow for a display of that kind someday *lol* Really top notch work!
Now you only need to tackle an ROTS one :p *wink*

Wow! Consider myself a huge SW fan and never knew how totally different ANH Vader was. But now, I must say, ANH is my favorite. The pointed brow and longer helmet. (ROTJ looks surprised, or confused) :)

All look amazing tho. Great work!!

Wow! Consider myself a huge SW fan and never knew how totally different ANH Vader was. But now, I must say, ANH is my favorite. The pointed brow and longer helmet. (ROTJ looks surprised, or confused) :)

All look amazing tho. Great work!!

I agree with you that the ROTJ shows its eyebrows more and in so doing seems to lose its meanace somewhat. But that is the screen look for ROTJ based on screenshots observed throughout the movie, And that is why ANH will always be my favorite, it's like your first kiss...

I agree with you that the ROTJ shows its eyebrows more and in so doing seems to lose its meanace somewhat. But that is the screen look for ROTJ based on screenshots observed throughout the movie, And that is why ANH will always be my favorite, it's like your first kiss...

The ANH helmet is great, but I can't get past the surcoat. Pleated Vader FTW! :lol

Great job on these helmets, Vader community needs good options.

I'm not sure that's not intentional. Vader's character is arguably the most "human" in ROTJ, and the very minor change does a lot to perception in the scenes. Making the mask marginally less menacing offers a smoother shift into him turning against the Emperor at the end. Of course, I could also be totally full of **** and that's just the way it worked out. :p

Very much interested.. Been a long time, but I need new Vader parts, again.

Out of curiosity, how heavy is the helmet?

I'm not sure that's not intentional. Vader's character is arguably the most "human" in ROTJ, and the very minor change does a lot to perception in the scenes. Making the mask marginally less menacing offers a smoother shift into him turning against the Emperor at the end. Of course, I could also be totally full of **** and that's just the way it worked out. :p

Well, chopping off the widow's peak was intentional, and I feel that does a lot to take away from the ANH look. Also, in ESB and ROTJ he was more polished as a character. Pleats, etc. it's almost like from ANH to ESB to ROTJ he goes from being a thug to being a stately dark lord. But that's just me. There is always a danger of fans reading too much into the film and Lucas getting upset with us as a result!

- - - Updated - - -

Very much interested.. Been a long time, but I need new Vader parts, again.

Out of curiosity, how heavy is the helmet?

Very light and strong. Check the Darth Ugly ESB thread in the Classifieds, post #1. Bookface should have stats. I think 501st costumers gave been loving how light bookface has managed to make them.

Very light and strong. Check the Darth Ugly ESB thread in the Classifieds, post #1. Bookface should have stats. I think 501st costumers gave been loving how light bookface has managed to make them.

Excelllllent. For I am getting older, and my neck and shoulders complain at my current helmet.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back