2 New Obi-Wan A New Hope LightSabers I've been working on!

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've was given the opportunity to build an Obi-Wan ANH saber for 2 different RPF members. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Saber #1
Steel Russ Emitter
Aluminum Russ Grenade
Replica Graflex Clamp
Aluminum replica transistors and washers
Rebelscum cast bubble strip
Aluminum Russ Booster
Steel Russ Handwheel

FS059-vi.jpg

FS060-vi.jpg

Crop_FS081-vi.jpg

FS064-vi.jpg

FS071-vi.jpg

FS067-vi.jpg

FS076-vi.jpg

Saber #2
Steel Russ Emitter
Steel Russ Grenade
Real Graflex Clamp
Rebelscum cast bubble strip
Aluminum replica transistors and washers
Steel Russ Booster
Steel Russ Handwheel

Crop_FS001-vi.jpg

FS005-vi.jpg

FS014-vi.jpg

FS019-vi.jpg

FS026-vi.jpg

Crop_FS040-vi.jpg

Crop_FS036-vi.jpg

Crop_FS022-vi.jpg

Crop_FS031-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work. The black weathering on the clamp looks a little too stippled for my taste though. I fretted with this for a while on mine. I would use my finger to smear the paint around more to look more smudged/feathered.

Ridiculously good looking. I'm afraid I'm still a noob, I don't suppose you've detailed the build process anywhere? I love seeing the machining process for props like this.

Wow, very nice.

Is there evidence of a second brass screw in the clamp on the original?

(like you've got here)

Yes. I've got some low-rez photos of the saber that show that screw, but I've been told by some folks who have access to much clearer high-res photos that the screw is there.

Drilled properly, the holes for the 2 screws and the holes for the 2 wires are opposite eachother on the clamp.

Ridiculously good looking. I'm afraid I'm still a noob, I don't suppose you've detailed the build process anywhere? I love seeing the machining process for props like this.

Thanks. Most of the parts were made by our talented member Russrep, but they were all clean and factory fresh from the milling machine. I only applied the weathering and assembly including drilling the clamp and modifying attachment points for everything to hold together.

Everyrime I build one of these I say to myself that I'm going to photo detail the build but then it never works out that way. One of these days....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back