The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Where are people getting those Walkman decals? I thought it was an Etsy store, but I just checked there and couldn't find them.

Where are people getting those Walkman decals? I thought it was an Etsy store, but I just checked there and couldn't find them.

Was an etsy store. I will try and find the guy that did mine I have the info written down somewhere. If that fails he sends 2 sets and I didnt use one of the sets

Awesome, thanks! A friend made a resin cast of an original Walkman for me, but it's such a bad cast I can't use it. So now I'm drawing the whole thing up to laser cut it from acrylic. Really time consuming, but I've got the perfect reference to get all the details spot on.

Did Fitz get a C&D from Sony?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.etsy.com/listing/211738223/1979-sony-walkman-tps-l2-pop-art?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=sony+walkman+sticker&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Charles, i don't think that one you linked is the decals, it's a pop art style Walkman sticker.

West, PM on the way.

Anyone lucky enough to snag them selves one of the official Awesome Mix Vol. 1 releases at their local record store day black friday shindig thingy majig?

The record store i went to didn't even have it ordered, or the big lebowski album, which in my opinion is a huge **** up on their parts, but the other local area store literally had 2 copies shipped to them an they were sold in the first minute of them being open this morning.

Anyone lucky enough to snag them selves one of the official Awesome Mix Vol. 1 releases at their local record store day black friday shindig thingy majig?

The record store i went to didn't even have it ordered, or the big lebowski album, which in my opinion is a huge **** up on their parts, but the other local area store literally had 2 copies shipped to them an they were sold in the first minute of them being open this morning.

I'm getting mine tomorrow. My friend had some reserved for us. I didn't think stuff like that COULD be reserved, but they told her they could, so here's hoping they didn't make a mistake and sell them.

they might have sold them, i had that happen to a friend in april on actual record store day,, the company that hands out the merch to the record stores has all the stores contractually obligated or some **** that they can't reserve stuff, which is why I'm sitting here all night waiting for the places that sell their left overs online to refresh their sites and show if the tape is available. I found a website that has them:

http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007109948
http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007078926

both have the same UPC except that the one with the pictures isn't for sale yet, so I am assuming that either the site screwed up or theyre updating right now to match their inventory. Either way I ordered mine. 14 dollars with shipping isn't bad. If they cancel the order, and someone just so happens to have an extra copy and isn't going to be an ass and sell it on ebay for 500 times its actual 8 dollars price, hit me up.

EDIT: It looks as though record exchange has stopped selling it, but I found a wholesale site that apparently has it available for the $8 price tag.

https://sakistore.net/mailorder/product_info.php?products_id=75945

Last edited:
I'm curious why everyone is going out of their way to get one? Is it just the novelty? It isn't accurate in the least sense.

I'm curious why everyone is going out of their way to get one? Is it just the novelty? It isn't accurate in the least sense.

I wanted it cause I collect things like vinyl/cassettes, and being a fan of GoTG I couldn't not want this in my collection.

But nah, the main thing is that 1. It's the official release of something stated by the Studio and 2. The rarity of it. The thing cost $8 yesterday morning before the record stores opened, later in the day it's now from what I've seen going anywhere from $50-$130.

Like record store day normally does Rare releases, like I have a couple limited edition prints that only have about anywhere from 500-1000 in existence, but this thing is RARE.
As I said earlier, some stores couldn't even order it for the sale yesterday because they literally just didn't have enough to hand out. The most I've seen a store have was five copies, and that was like a big major record store in downtown LA.

But besides that, I completely agree. It is mostly for the novelty and the collector stand point.

If they put it out and it didn't have "aint no mountain" THEN I believe it would be worth it for others to buy it. I can understand why they can't make it exactly screen accurate, they would either have to make a deal with the company that makes the tape used for the prop, or they would had to have bought them in bulk.

For anyone looking for affordable trousers, I bought these:
$_57.JPG
Search for 'France Style Distressed Motorcycle Pants' on eBay.

Jeans seemed to be the ways to go since I wasn't scratch building them and didn't want the synthetic look of baggy motorbike trousers. What I got was amazing for the price. The fit is spot on (aside from the long legs) and they're branded as Balmain, a French clothes company I'd never heard of who sells biker jeans for £770. I know asian eBay sellers tend to copy expensive makes for more affordable prices, so I was skeptical they're real, but the patch on the back looks legit, as do the tags and the little French 'seal of approval' tag. regardless, they feel quality, and a pair I'll be wearing regularly.

I was planning on waxing the front thigh panels, but now I'm scared I'll mess it up.

Last edited:

My store had six and was letting people in two at a time to peruse the RSD merch. I was about 30 back in line and it took about an hour for it to me my turn and I just kept watching to see if I'd be out of luck. The first guy in line took one and they gradually dwindled down. They were down to three and two people picked up copies, looked at it like "what the hell is this," shrugged, and took them. I managed to snag the last one..

As a reminder, the RPF doesn't allow posting links to active ebay listings.

Sorry, edited.

I found the tapes in HMV today. £7.99, but they're the EU version. I didn't pick them up since I've got plans to make it myself, but might be a good purchase to sell on later when they're out of stock.

My store had six and was letting people in two at a time to peruse the RSD merch. I was about 30 back in line and it took about an hour for it to me my turn and I just kept watching to see if I'd be out of luck. The first guy in line took one and they gradually dwindled down. They were down to three and two people picked up copies, looked at it like "what the hell is this," shrugged, and took them. I managed to snag the last one..
I was able to pick up 2 of the 3 copies my local store had. I've been listening to it over and over!

a question in regards to the raised areas of the leather jackets. Ive noticed a number of people have dont this BUT all have used leather to achieve the look. What I wanted to ask is, has anyone tried using foam? I have several sheets of foam and was hoping that would mean I dont need to go out and get leather.

Any reason why is wouldnt work? Anyone tried it?

Anyone have a good rundown of all the available trench coat models?

Considering getting one. I probably will not be modding it, so however it comes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back