Captain America: The Winter Soldier 1:1 Shield [Beast Kingdom]

DFanatic

Translated from their website, using google:

Suggested retail price: 45,000 yuan for the second quarter 2014 sale
Reference Pre price: 40,500 yuan
Order deadline to: ended March 18, 2014

Toy design team from the beast country proudly Captain America; cold warrior movie props collection
Shields made ​​of fiberglass (FRP) made ​​a special surface engineering methods to reproduce the unique metal hair texture,
And professional color technology allows metal shield as general color.

Interior details such as grip with metal buckles with senior leather, fully reproduce lifelike texture movie props

Shield Size:
Diameter of about 69cm thick 10cm
Weighs 4Kg
Limited edition book production

4001082669_file_186151.jpg

4001082668_file_197331.jpg

4001082671_file_656318.jpg

1618443_10152289368862277_1454172678_n.jpg

4001082670_file_720091.jpg

You can also get one in blue

4001082673_file_597074.jpg

That looks like a really nice shield but the price is insane. 45,000 TWD is almost $1,500 which I think is really expensive for a non-metal shield.

That looks like a really nice shield but the price is insane. 45,000 TWD is almost $1,500 which I think is really expensive for a non-metal shield.

Guy on another forum said it comes to $437 or £260. I'm not sure who to believe because I can't seem to get the exchange rate to work correctly, either.

£250 sounds reasonable. Think i'll be giving it a miss though, i think for that kinda money i'd rather wait and get a metal one.

You thinking of going for it?

Yeah the shield is 45,000 JPY not 45,000 TWD (I got confused because the website is based in Taiwan and they had some prices listed with a dollar symbol).
Now if I get this straight, they will take pre-order for the shields until march 18 for a pre-order price of 40,500 JPY (roughly under $400) and then the price will go up to to 45,000 JPY. The only thing we need now is a western friendly place (like KGhobby) to pre-order it or order them once they are in stock.

The good thing is that given that Kingdom Beast made licensed 1:1 Iron Man statues in the past these are probably licensed shield and we will be able to get them for quite some time without risking to have Marvel take the listings down (like they did with Lager Toys' Hammer). And if memory serves I think that Sideshow carried the Kingdom Beast statues in the past so they might offer the shields as well.

Last edited:
Hm. With eFX already owning the license I don't think this will be licensed.

Hot Toys & Medicom both had the license to make/sale 1/6 figures from The Dark Knight. Now Hot Toys & Enterbay are both competing with 1/4 figures from the same movies (Dark Knight, Terminator ...). Same thing with the Iron Man license, Hot Toys makes 1/6 figures as well as Play Imaginative.

I don't think two companies owning the same license and competing with each other is either a bad thing or something that never happened in the past. Especially when one of those companies doesn't exactly use the license at its full potential.

Now maybe these are licensed for asia only while EFX has the license in north america I can only assume that a company wouldn't risk slapping a Marvel logo, and a "pending licenser's approval" disclaimer on a unlicensed item.

is it not a case they sell different licenses for the different films?
this is a winter soldier version but the EFX one's I've seen are labelled as Avengers/TFA ones? maybe EFX only had the license for those specific shields as I assume there's minor differences with the shield, like with Mjolnir from the Avengers and Thor 2 where the end cap was slightly different.

If those indeed become licensed by Marvel this will be a big blow to EFX. Especially if they produce them on a quicker time table.

is it not a case they sell different licenses for the different films?
this is a winter soldier version but the EFX one's I've seen are labelled as Avengers/TFA ones? maybe EFX only had the license for those specific shields as I assume there's minor differences with the shield, like with Mjolnir from the Avengers and Thor 2 where the end cap was slightly different.

It might be. :thumbsup
I don't think there are a lot of differences between the shields in terms of designs (we know that they scrapped the metal shields for avengers, but they seemed to use them again in CATWS but they all looked the same to me anyways) aside from the shield with a different paint job obviously but yeah they probably licensed different products from different films to two different companies.

whoa. that diameter and thickness are way off... 27.17 inch diameter and 4" deep dish... that's a big shield.... but not accurate to the films.

What are the correct measurements? I believe I was referred to you on a project a couple years ago by Clay.

The movies used different sizes, I guess for practical reasons, from 24" 1/4 to 26" 1/4 (roughly). The most common size being the 25" shield I think.

We can debate these things all day, but the most important thing in my opinion, is the proportions between the size of the shield, the center star and the stripes which seems pretty good in these pictures. Though I do agree that the curvature of their shield seems a bit exagerated and that the back straps are on the thin side. Now I also hope that the measurements they provided are approximations and that the final product will end up having a diameter around 26".

Last edited:
for the first movie, shields were from 23.5" - 26", the bare vibranium shield was 24", the shields on his back were 23.5", the hero prop aluminum ones were 25", and the rubber and plastic stunt versions were 24" - 26". In Avengers, they were all the 25", all plastic shields. In TWS, they all look smaller referenced from Cap's size, and looked to be around 23.5"-24".

Thanks for the details. ;)
I always thought the prop makers made some shields slightly bigger than 26" for TFA but I had no idea that some shields were as small as 23" 1/2 (I don't know why but I always thought the "blank aluminium" shield which measures 24" 1/4 was the smallest they made, at least in TFA).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back