Amazing Spider-Man 2 costume... formerly Redtogusa's and El Fetts, with mods!

peterparker

Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I tracked down the owner of the ASM 2 costume formerly owned by Redtogusa, El Fett, and a few other RPFers and was able to purchase it. Unfortunately, although the suit was not worn that many times, some of the latex webbing had been damaged on the feet and hands. Also, the T-shaped zipper configuration (across the back of the belt and straight up from the middle of the back belt to just below the shoulder blades) was pretty much impossible for me to get into at 5'9" tall.

Thankfully, the wonderfully talented Trophy Wife was available and willing to come to the rescue in record fast time! I needed the suit for a big event in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Trophy Wife removed the T-zip and installed a long spine zipper (from just below the belt up to the base of my neck) and then another mask zipper from the top of the head to meet that spine zipper at the neck. She also installed calf zippers in an attempt to help me get my feet into the kung fu shoes El Fett had installed inside the costume when he owned it. (I just couldn't get my feet into the small canvas opening at the top of those shoes... the shoes fit my foot size, but the opening was pretty much impossible to get my foot into it. I eventually cut away as much of the canvas "top" of the shoes as possible since it just didn't work well for me.)

Trophy Wife sent the suit off to El Fett, who graciously worked on the costume during my time-crunch deadline... he replaced the damaged webbing and also glued my crazydogg faceshell inside the mask, heated & shaped my Tjack lenses, and glued the lenses onto the mask/shell. I wanted it to be glued since I wasn't using magnets and didn't want to have to adjust mask fabric, faceshell, and lenses when putting the costume on.

I received my fixed up costume in time for the NYC event! A charity dinner where needy people are fed a nice Thanksgiving dinner in Februrary. I walked around the room signing autographs for the guests. Constantine Maroulis of American Idol fame was serving meals, and a magician entertained people as well.

Major "THANK YOU" to Trophy Wife, El Fett, crazydog, and Tjack (as well as Redtogusa who started the whole suit in the first place) for making my suit possible!!!

Attachments

• spidey constantine cropped.jpg
    spidey constantine cropped.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 499
  • spidey kids cropped.jpg
    spidey kids cropped.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 729
I forgot to mention... the spine zipper and rear mask zipper posed no problems/stretching as seen on some other costumes here on the RPF. The material lays flat against the back of my neck... it doesn't get fanned out back there.

Thanks exo95er! Yes, that is Constantine Maroulis from American Idol fame! He and I were helping out at a dinner, serving less fortunate people in NYC a couple of weeks back.

No photos of the back yet. Will post some soon.

Here are 2 new pics... side view of head and back of the head.
costume 3.jpgback head.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My costume is now for sale.... see my Junkyard ad for details.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back