Batman TAS Cowl?

TheStig

I've been looking into making a Batman costume based on the 90s animated series version. Mainly gathering reference photos and trying to find materials.
PAQrRjl.jpg

Has anyone ever attempted a cowl like that? I'd want to go with fabric, with some sort of shell under it to smooth out any features, to fully recreate the appearance of the cowl.

I was also thinking trying to figure out a way do the white eyes so they appear to move. Maybe a morph mask under the mask that will change when I move my face.

Bat Texan has a nice mask, but I think he meant all cloth not a rubber mask.
For the white eyes I cant really imagine how that would work unless you wear white eye contacts and maybe have some kind of rubber on the inside of the mask where your eye brows would be and use some kind of very safe spirit gum of some sort that you can use on your eye brow. I say very safe because it will be near your eyes. This way when ever you move your eye brows the expression will follow. This is what popped in my head, but you may want a second opinion on this idea, because I'm not to sure on it

Bat Texan has a nice mask, but I think he meant all cloth not a rubber mask.
For the white eyes I cant really imagine how that would work unless you wear white eye contacts and maybe have some kind of rubber on the inside of the mask where your eye brows would be and use some kind of very safe spirit gum of some sort that you can use on your eye brow. I say very safe because it will be near your eyes. This way when ever you move your eye brows the expression will follow. This is what popped in my head, but you may want a second opinion on this idea, because I'm not to sure on it
Yeah, I'm aiming for it being fabric on the outside. There will probably be some other material on the inside for the ears and to keep the face featureless, but still look like it is made of cloth.

I was considering something like that for the eyes, using spirit gum above and under my eyes so I could at least do the eyes squinting.

Your best bet would be to try to make one similar to a 1966 cowl. Its a fiberglass shell covered with fabri Many have tried fabric cowls, but few turn out. Good luck to you.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back