Fett80 JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY

Fett80

This is my take on the Judge Dredd helmet. I am going for a super realistic look. That mean, I am getting rid of the cross in the visor, and I am adding some peripheral vision. I am also adding a chin strap.

I have made alot of sketching in the past weeks, but I have finaly chosen a desing and started sculpting.

I ran out of plasteline yesterday, so I am on hold right now until I recive more :unsure But here is my progress so far. Hope you will enjoy the build! :)

I receive more Plasteline yesterday, so I did alot more sculpting today. I still need to cut the bottom of the helmet into shape and sculpt the bump on the forehead. The details around the visor will be made later.

general shape s good...kinda wierd at the bottom...u gotta raise it and square it down so we see the jaw line...love the fact that the dumb x thing in the eyes is not on it !!

general shape s good...kinda wierd at the bottom...u gotta raise it and square it down so we see the jaw line...love the fact that the dumb x thing in the eyes is not on it !!

Yeah, I have a hard time figuring out how I want the jaw line to look like. I keep changing my mind:confused

Fibre glass done! I could not get the detail around the visor with fiber glass. It did not keept the shape of the ridge very well, so I will have to redo them in bondo. I have put two layers of fiber glass on the helmet so it is gonna be very strong.

Took the fiberglass off the clay today. IT WAS A PAIN!!:angry The clay got stuck to the fiberglass so I end up destroying my plaster head. But I am happy with the result so far.

I did use some tinner fiberglass this time so the helmet is too flexible right now. I will have to reinforce the inside.

Here are some pic of the progress.

I have put a couple of layer of bondo last nignt and I ive been building de ridges around the helmet with styrene so my lines are nice and straight!

Last edited:
Strated to work on the ``Mohawk``. I tryed a few things, but I have finally decided to sculpted it. I will sand it down and make it smooth after it dries out. I also sculpted a rough shaped that may become my chin strap if I like it.

Did some work today. I have done some more bondo and start working on the badge. I have also put some apoxie sculpt around the opening for the visor. I hope it will help to fit the visor inside.

slighty rough the surface first to get a good grip between sections, that will help with parts not falling off. good job buddy.

slighty rough the surface first to get a good grip between sections, that will help with parts not falling off. good job buddy.

Thanks for the heads up! I am putting alot of effort into this :D Everything exept the styrene have been sandpaper grid 80. Looks to me that the epoxy is sticking pretty well!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back