deta's JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY

deta

try to make dredd helmet less then 1 month:facepalm

my concept: close quarters battle

dredd's world is set in future and full of crime, and so many crime gang in every corner in the city. often a war between block that can endanger residents, redd must accomplish his mission a quick as posible to minimize citizen victim. so dredd mush using equipment that can make him fight in close combat (CQB) and the helmet not just accessories but usefull to.
the helmet equip with heat detector make him know what position of the enemy,heat detector can see through the wall and smokescreen.
the helmet also equip whit removeable masker that can make him trow tear gas or smoke bom and he can still go forward to shoot and fight

i'm using clay to make the model so i can change it every time i want heheh
first i make sketch and some alternatif helmet
judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_01.jpg

use 2mm plastic plate to guide me make head emblem
judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_02.jpg

judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_03.jpg

just this i have done so far.........

looks outstanding buddy, welcome to the contest! the sculpt is awesome sauce! the jaw line looks narrow though, will you be casting this as a wearable?

TOP JOB BIGYIN :thumbsup
I like that design looks kind of anime, wich i like ;)
Wow! I love the desing!!
The design is very unique! Looking forward to seeing it completed. :D:thumbsup
thank you

looks outstanding buddy, welcome to the contest! the sculpt is awesome sauce! the jaw line looks narrow though, will you be casting this as a wearable?
yes i will cast it as wearable... but still have problem how to make the visor :( that can see through

It's possibly quite deceptive, because of that prow-like front, but looking at the badge placement, it looks like the jaw would sit back-a-ways from that, nearer where the jawline flares wider?

This could simply, once again, be my meds talking... I'm waiting for (another) face/palm moment... ;)

@all : thank you for comment

LITTLE UPDATE
add some part that has not been done camera/pointer/heat detector and dome araund the masker
judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_04.jpg

judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_05.jpg

use plastic warp and cheap wax to make mold barrier
judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_06.jpg

judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_07.jpg

and the boring part is begin......puty and sanding....:cry
judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_08.jpg

judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_10.jpg

judge_dredd_helmet_deta_contest_entry_wip_09.jpg

still not sure it can be finish on time :wacko

Was that a hard mold?

That just a plaster mold usualy use to hold the broken bone hahahah
I use that plaster because I,m using soft clay. and I'm will not make copy of this helmet and I can't make small part with clay that's why I'm not use silicone rubber too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back