Legendary Pictures is looking for Godzilla fans with their own costumes

maxdefiant

Almost 10 years ago I built a Godzilla costume and it took what seemed like forever to build. I took many photos of the process in the hopes to someday put it online for people to see. Well last year I built the website and have since added 7 more build-ups of the King of the Monsters by other fans.

Becoming Godzilla | Building your very own Godzilla costume

Legendary's Picture's marketing department is partnering with YouTube at the end of April and they are getting people to submit cool ideas for short Godzilla films. Some people will just be sending in their own videos using some supplied footage from Legendary but there will be one or two days where the Legendary will have full access to a couple of YouTube's facilites/studios. They have props from the new movie, and also that cityscape from some of the posters which apparently is big enough to walk through and they want to have people to stomp through it in Godzilla suits. They want to get the YouTuber with the most videos/hits to come in and do the directing. They understand that these suits are delicate/precious and realize that the creator would prefer being in the suit and that's okay. They don't have a budget to fly people out there with giant costumes so what they really want is someone in California (or someone nearby willing to make their own way).

So the question is, do you have a Godzilla costume and do you want to have a blast destroying a small city?! If so let me know and I'll pass along your info to Legendary.

Or if you cant go, but still have a Godzilla costume I'd love to see it and feature it on my website for other fans.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back