Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

DUMBLEDOR"S LETTER TO GELLERT - 1st DRAFT

Here's my first draft of the letter. Am I on the right track?

It looks to be handwritten so finding an exact match font is quite difficult. I found one which is quite close and i don't think looks too bad but i would like other opinions.

The letter looks to be about 5" x 7" based on screenshots in DH1. You can't see the placement of all the text but it looks like each sentence is it's own paragraph so that's how I went. I got the full text from the book.

There are few more tricks I can try to make it look a little more handwritten.

bfd

NOTE: Moved image to first page under Deathly Hallows

Last edited:
That letter is awesome, Barney...great work. :thumbsup

Speaking of screencaps (and this question may not really fit here, but it IS related), does anyone here know if there is a way to get a non-Blu-Ray PC DVD drive to recognize a Blu-Ray disc? I have several HP movies in BR (and some other titles), but I can't get my PC to recognize the disc when I put it in. There are some screen caps I'd like to snag, but as of now, it's a no-go. I've tried quite a few "workarounds", including 'phantom' and virtual drives, as well as my Adobe Premiere Elements, PS, Dreamweaver, etc, etc, but nothing works.

I may have to break down and buy a BR player for my PC....:cry

Rob

Here is my little addition.....

kwikspelenvback.jpg

scaled.php

My version of the envelope. ;)

thomas;)

@Ghostsoldier: I'm pretty sure the DVD player in your computer will not play BR unless it is a BR player. If it is aBR player it would have the logo and software to watch BR movies. There is no software I am aware of that will allow you play Br discs on a regular DVD player. I tried looking myself and found nothing.

@Phoenixvader: nice job on the Kwikspell envelope. Hinky did one as well and it is posted on the first page of the thread. The two versions are slightly different so now there is a choice. :)

bfd

@Ghostsoldier: I'm pretty sure the DVD player in your computer will not play BR unless it is a BR player. If it is aBR player it would have the logo and software to watch BR movies. There is no software I am aware of that will allow you play Br discs on a regular DVD player. I tried looking myself and found nothing.

Crap. I was afraid of that. :angry

Well, thanks for the help anyways, Barney! :thumbsup :D

Rob

*Your letter is looking good bfd :)

*Great job on the letter and envelope Thomas :)

*I think Hinky said she would be back in July so I'm sure that she is having fun where ever she is :)

@bfd, nice job on the letter, next time hinky comes around ask her what font she used for Dumbledore's will, that might work better if your still looking...

@anyone who cares, I'm going away, I have NO IDEA if where I'm going has internet access, wifi, 3G, ethernet, or otherwise... so if it does, I'll be around as usual, if not, see you all July 5th...

Hi Luke,
I Care!!! Hope you have a good time where ever you are going. I'm jealous, everyone is going somewhere and the only place I get to go is "crazy" LOL
I will miss you as I miss Hinky, see you both back here in July :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back