Rens' 2014 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Rens

I'm trying again!

This time I'm going to try to sculpt a character I've been working on for a while. Sort of a feral wolf girl. I'll be sculpting in Monster Clay over an armature, and hope to cast this girl when I'm all done so I can paint her.

I'm not set on her expression yet or her ear shape, but here's a non-finalized sketch of where I'm going:
IMG_6945.jpg

I probably won't be able to start for a couple of weeks since I have to bust out a few commissions, but I'm excited to start :D
Last contest had some amazing entries; I can't wait to see what everyone does!

Thanks everyone!

I finally was able to start roughing in the sculpt. I'd say it's about 1/3-1/4 lifesize.

IMG_7045.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7045.jpg
    IMG_7045.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 162
After a huge break to make work for a convention, I was finally able to put in some work on the Wolf Girl tonight.

IMG_7174.jpg

I changed the angle of her head, decided to make her skull bigger (direwolf, maybe?) and started roughing in her body. She will have clothes, but I want to build up to that.

More wolf girl progress, since I only have a few of days to bust this out!
I wasn’t happy with her lack of arms, so I’m working on that. I’m picturing her as sort of the Renegade personality type in DragonAge, smart-ass badass. So smirking and reaching for a sword seemed appropriate.
Still not sure what to do with her other arm
Also, I really need to work on my photographing ability since you can’t see any of the detail on her face.
IMG_7175.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7175.jpg
    IMG_7175.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
More pictures...

Here's where I'm at currently:
IMG_7184.jpg

And because I took a picture of my workspace (aka kitchen table) for Tumblr's #workspaceWednesday here ya go:
IMG_7183.jpg
Clockwise from top: Canned air for freezing the sculpt, Rubber texture stamps, heat gun, all of my sculpting tools, sculpting tools that I'm using right now, sculpt, monster clay. Center is a resin coyote skull by The Skullery, which I'm using for reference.

One more day!!

MadCityHaunt- Thanks! Your piece is fantastic too! I love seeing what people come up with for these competitions.

With 7.5 more hours to go, I might actually be able to finish this:
IMG_7230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally done! I may do some tweaks later, but I'm calling it done:

IMG_7274.jpgIMG_7254.jpgIMG_7260.jpgIMG_7270.jpgIMG_7267.jpgIMG_7272.jpgIMG_7243.jpg

Here's one large image for a final judging image:
IMG_7265.jpg

No photoshopping on the images except for cropping.

Thanks for watching everyone!!

Attachments

• IMG_7265.jpg
    IMG_7265.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7256.jpg
    IMG_7256.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7253.jpg
    IMG_7253.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 132
Thanks @ Michael Bergeron!
Even though I suffered a bit of a time crunch at the end, I really love these contests. Thanks for hosting them :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back