MadCityHaunt's 2014 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

MadCityHaunt

Hey guys! I had so much fun doing the last contest that I am going to enter again. I am going to sculpt a maquette for this contest in order to try a few new things I have been learning about. (Armature building, scale modeling, blocking out, etc.)

I am going to be doing a Demon/Samurai theme because that struck me as cool and interesting. It will be roughly a 1/3 scale maquette from about the shoulders & chest on up.

This time around I figured I will give myself more time with the sculpt to try and address some of the areas of sculpting that intimidated me with my last project for the JAN/FEB contest.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the awesome stuff people come up with!

Hey guys, here is a quick update on my sculpt. I have been really busy with several projects so these pics are from 2 weeks ago. Hope to have some more up in the next week or so!

IMG_5984.JPG IMG_5988.JPG

This picture is from last Friday, I am hoping to get some more time to sculpt this weekend! (The wife really wants me to take down the Christmas lights. hehe)

IMG_6006.JPG

Thanks Jon! I have been using a guideline along with a tool stuck in the top center of the sculpture to try and keep myself more symmetrical with this sculpt.

My previous sculpt was completely asymmetrical by design so I wanted to challenge myself with all types of stuff I didn't do in my last sculpt. (Symmetry, more detail & texture, a maquette, different clay, different scale, build my armature, etc.)

I did get the lights down! Hehe Funny enough, my neighbor still has his up and I pointed this out to my wife who said “He probably lost a bet! They are red and white, those are Badger colors..” and was like “No, They are Christmas colors!!” lol.

Thanks so much guys! I kind of shied away from doing detail in my previous sculpt so I wanted to do an idea that would force me to sculpt details and samurai armor seemed like a good theme for that. I had a lot of fun doing this sculpt and love all the amazing work people have done for this competition.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back