MadCityHaunt’s 2014 Jan-Feb Sculpture Contest Entry

MadCityHaunt

Hi RPF,

I am planning to sculpt my own concept for a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde themed mask. The head will be split down the middle with one half of each face in the sculpture, similar to “Two Face” from the Dark Knight. I plan on using “Monster Clay” as it was recommended in YouTube tutorials.

Unfortunately I have no tips to share as I have no experience in this type of sculpting. Last month I built a Werewolf prop for Halloween using pink foam and paper mache but this was my only recent experience in sculpting anything.

I constantly have Halloween stuff on my mind and I wanted to get into mask making so this will be my first time working with an amarture and Monster Clay. It took me awhile to get this post together because I was waiting for the clay, amarture and sculpting tools to arrive. I do not have any photos yet and still need to fill the armature with Hydrocal, but will post a few pictures once I get started.

Thanks! :thumbsup

I am way behind where I wanted to be on this project because of problems getting my sculpting supplies but here is an update on my sculpt. Started on Sunday, picture is from last night (February 18th). Thanks!

IMG_5540.JPG

Picture from last night (Sunday February 23rd). I have been learning so much from looking at the other submissions in this contest and watch sculpting videos in order to get the hang of this.

IMG_5598.JPG

Thanks guys! I love your final sculpts and you both have given me much to aspire to, which is exactly what I was hoping to get out of this contest! :D

Here are my (almost finished) final submission pictures for the contest. It's about 80% complete since it took me forever to get my materials, but I'd rather submit it like this and finish it without feeling rushed so I am happy with it before trying to create a mold.

The final version will have a flesh tear down the middle of the face with stitches, more texture on the Dr. Jekyll side of the face, a finished up eye and some more details and veins on the Hyde side of the face.

Thanks so much for this opportunity RPF! I've learned SO much doing my first sculpt and this contest was great motivation to jump into sculpting and finally get my feet wet!

IMG_3429.JPGIMG_3431.JPGIMG_3433.JPGIMG_3434.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back