Last of Us Clicker Face Mask

Rens

I've started working on a Clicker mask from Last of Us.

The sculpt is made of Monster Clay and I intend to cast it, though I'm not sure in what yet. Some kind of foam urethane, maybe? I don't have a lot of experience with foam latex. Would love some ideas.

I'm trying to make my own interpretation of a clicker rather than a strict recreation of the in-game model. I'm drawing on shelf fungi and portabella mushrooms for inspiration.

I roughed in the form:
IMG_6877.jpg

Today I started playing with the textures
IMG_6882.jpg

I'm hoping to finish it up by the end of the month/mid April
Thanks for looking!:D

Attachments

• IMG_6878.JPG
    IMG_6878.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 231
Tell me you played it Rens and now no other game compares to it. The game is a freaking masterpiece, and now i'm terrified of the Cordyceps fungus. lol

I'm super excited about this sculpt Rens, it's off to an awesome start.
I've got no advice for ya 'cause the whole casting process is new to me. But I will cheer from the sidelines and look forward to see the process. lol

Looking great so far. Look forward to following your progress on this build. I absolutely loved that game......perfection!!

Thanks guys!

@ JonKross, my husband and I tag team games... one plays while the other watches. So I watched on Last of Us while he played and he watched when I played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (or my second playthrough on Skyrim, I can't remember). Last of Us was amazing (though I was tearing up by the end). When we get our copy back (we lent it to a friend), I think I'm gonna give it a playthrough myself, if I can emotionally handle it :p

looking forward to seeing the progress on this, anything Last of Us is good in my book (except maybe the unecessary movie ;))

awesome work, and the texture looks great! TLOU is definitely one of my all-time favourite games (all of the cries). Look forward to seeing the finished piece!

Thanks guys!

I had to take off on this build for a few days while working on another commission, but I was able to work on some texture/form today.

Also, I had a talk with my Smooth-On supplier about a solution for a casting material. After looking at some samples and talking with my guy, I think I'm going to go with Smooth-On's FlexFoam-it (#14). It seems to have the right degree of flexibility combined with a relatively smooth finish (a little bit porous is okay since, you know, fungus) and it can take the So-Strong dyes and acrylic paint. And I can use it with the mold type I'm used to working with, so bonus!

Pictures... Not a whole lot that's different, just more texture/some modified forms
IMG_6908.jpgIMG_6912.jpg

That's some really great work. Are you using any real-life fungus for reference? I always thought clicker faces highly resembled Chicken of the Woods.

That's some really great work. Are you using any real-life fungus for reference? I always thought clicker faces highly resembled Chicken of the Woods.
I'll have to check that one out. I've mostly been using shelf fungi and portabellas for reference so far.

Which means that in the game the fungus mutated because the real thing infecting ants/spiders basically looks like weird stem mushrooms

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back