FordPrefects 2014 Jun-Jul Sculpture Contest Entry

FordPrefect

All,

OK here is the key to my entry ..
THE CONTEST:
Sculpt something… anything at all! Big or sm
all, any subject (keep it clean). This sculpt must be something new you are working on, specifically for this contest, not an old sculpt or a sculpt already in progress. Your final submission must be a raw, unpainted, unphotoshopped clay sculpt.

I have enjoyed trying new things and these contests are great to watch so this time I decided to participate. In no way do I expect my simple first attempt at sculpting to be a win BUT this will be fun to be a participant in and hope it inspires others to join in. I have never sculpted anything in the past but have great wife / kids to help advise me as I attempt to bring this picture to reality.

cXwKDmH.png

I have a few screen caps blended together (sorry about the bit of TARDIS in the bottom). This is from an Adventure Time episode - I have a nice sword up for display in the movie room that these would fit great right beside it :) I saw this contest and thought it is time to bring this idea to life !!

Here is my beginning wire work.
U4HD5SB.jpg

Look for more updates soon !

Thanks
Ford

But is it a grass sword or a demon blood sword. "Yes , A nerd and proud"

Oh the Nerd is strong in you :) I wish it was a Grass Sword ! It is the season one Golden Sword.
You now have me wanting to make a Grass Sword - ALGEBRAIC !! Another item to add to my list :)

OK so this week added some "meat to the bones". Having fun and look forward to finishing these guys up to add to the media room.
pNhh8cB.jpg

Ok over the past week filled out the bodies some more and shaped a couple of them to where I am pretty happy with the body mass look. Need to finish up filling the other ones and then get to cleaning them up to a nice even look. Still contemplating how to do the rings and wondering how in the heck am I going to make those stars look so even and clean.

k9IRqFy.png

OK DONE !

I have to say this was a "lets join a competition" and try something new. It was a blast to try something new had a great time trying to bring the picture to life.

IT WAS WAY HARDER than I thought it could be .. I mean I picked such a simple thing to sculpt and it still drove me crazy. I went and looked at other threads and man everyone does such a great job .. the level of artists on The RPF is amazing. As noted above it was still a blast to do this and I got some new tools to add to the tool box and some experience trying something different.

Well here are my final entries - I will now bake them a bit - paint the base color with star and add them to the media room.

Thanks for having these competitions

IgvjFJu.png

one picture with the background image so the light distributed differently
99PUDH1.png

thanks all once again it was ALGEBRAIC

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back