Fettster's 2014 jab-February sculpture contest entry.

fettster

Sr Member
Hi all.

fancy having a go at this as the prize is really good.

im not too sure what I'll be sculpting but it will be a bust of some sorts and a have some cool horns that I'll try and incorporate so will be some kind of fantasy creature I think.
I'll be using good old fashioned wet clay as it's my favorite medium.

experience wise, I have been sculpting about 5-6 years and am lucky enough to do it as a profession. Tips wise, I'd say just get the cheapest clay you can and just get at it as it's only by doing that you find your way.

ill show progress as I go... Should be fun

I'm Currently Working on a Hannibal Wendigo Sculpt from the TV series..This will have Antlers Attached at some stage.. I'm new to Sculpting and this is my first Sculpt of a human face..I'll Not be adding many Wrinkles or Skin textures as it will be cast in black latex in the end and the mask from the show seems quite smooth.. It's Sculpted in Oil Based Clay. The Antlers will be carved from Foam..
1524784_1426138517622663_788322489_n.jpg1522171_1426138540955994_108160402_n.jpgtumblr_inline_mos3ojnBxd1qz4rgp.jpgBNQvkbPCMAEUSoH.jpg

Yeah I have no sculpting skills and was going to give this a go buuuuut I think I'll sit in the cheering section lol. Look forward to the updates

guys, please dont be put off entering! its very nice of you to say but you could have better, more creative ideas than me. its not just about moving clay

guys, please dont be put off entering! its very nice of you to say but you could have better, more creative ideas than me. its not just about moving clay

Yeah! I'm only just starting out but I want to see what everyone comes up with, learn a lot and just get a bit more experience. It'll be good for me :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back