Contec's Sculpture Contest Entry

Contec

Master Member
I'm making a doll in the same style as characters from a old swedish children show called Skrotnisse och hans vänner . It's about a junkdealer and his friends.
SkrotNisse-och-hans-vaenner.jpg

I don't have the skill yet to make a direct copy of any of the characters so its only going to be in the same style. I'm using super sculpey to make it. It's easy to use and great to make tiny details in.
I'm no sculpture but this contest is a good training for me.

I started with making a ball of paper and covering that with aluminium foil and then add the sculpey over top.
dsc02365vf.jpg

I been hardening it with my heatgun as i go a long so that i don't destroy anything when working on other parts.

dsc02364n.jpg

I cut of a piece of the head so that i could take out the aluminum foil and paper, thus making the head hollow. I realized now that i had made the walls too thin on some parts, so i beefed them up.

dsc02367e.jpg

I sanded the head to smooth out some parts.
dsc02366k.jpg

Thinking of adding a couple of ballbearings for eyes.
dsc02368jf.jpg

Today, I cut out the mouth because i want to be able to attach teeth change the lips.
dsc02386qp.jpg

Im going to make some sort of a innerbody for the doll later on but for now i'm just concentrating on the head.

OH! I remember Skrotnisse, We had it aired on Norweigan Riks Telelvition When I was a boy. That was a good Tv show. I dont recal if it was dubbed, we had some Swedish kids films and series aired undubbed.

So really looking forward to this :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back