cadeus' 2014 Jun-Jul Sculpture Contest Entry

Cadeus

Sr Member
Hello, everybody! :) I am a big fan of sculpting and I lurk in this forum quite a bit, but I haven't sculpted anything in a while. I decided to enter this contest because it'll be fun. I don't expect to win, cause the talent in here is just crazy good, but I will enjoy the challenge. I am a model builder and a sculptor as a hobbyist. I am 38 years old and I have been sculpting since 1994, so I have some skill...

This contest is judged by originality, skill and wow-factor. Originality is the hard part. Everything that can be done has been done in some way, shape or form. But since this is for fun, I decided on a hybrid concept. I will post a cartoon I found that illustrates my concept and see if anyone can guess:

et.jpg
(this is not my art. credit goes to the artist who created it.)

When I started googling for references I realized my concept may not be new, but my interpretation will be unique and posses that "WOW" factor, I hope. Anyway, I didn't find any sculptures or pics of exactly what I had in mind, so it seems original enough. I will post a drawing of my concept as soon as I work out the details. This is gonna be fun! :D
Thanks for looking, everyone

I broke 100 views... Yay!!!!! :D So I am having a hard time drawing my concept, but I work better in 3D anyway. If the Aliens and AvP franchise has shown us anything it's that if a species is impregnated the alien that emerges takes on some likeness of the host, ie. human, dog, predator, ect... And that is my idea. ET was picking flowers, or whatever he does, on an infected world and gets mugged by a face-hugger and BAM! -An ET/Alien hybrid!!! I will get the skull knocked out Thursday and post some picks. I should also have the armature postured and ready to begin surfacing. I have all the details worked out in my mind... I am about to hit the hay, though and wanted to ask for some input on this. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what they might like to see, or think it should look like? I would love to see some ideas from everyone. Thanks for looking, and I apologize to all the pic-vultures who are disappointed.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back