Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Didn't see this choice coming at all. I like Affleck's recent work behind the camera on Argo and The Town, but I just can't see him as Bruce Wayne or Batman.

Agreed. Total joke. Getting Adam West back would be better.

This is the kind of knee-jerk reaction I've been reading in pretty much every news article about this casting. This news JUST breaks, and already everyone thinks it'll be horrible. How many actors that ended up being great in a role were at first jeered in the initial casting news? RDJ? Ledger? Even Bale for that matter.

I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Affleck has come a long way since he first started in the business and piling that baggage onto this news just seems a bit asinine.

I thought this was a joke at first. I saw it and was like WHOA where did that come from? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I actually enjoyed the Daredevil movie. I have never read the comics and quite frankly went into it with a blank slate of who Matt Murdock was. The only thing I didn't like about it was that they made the King Pin a black guy. AWESOME actor, but I grew up watching Spiderman and only knew him as a white guy. No biggy though.

With that being said, I now have the imprint of Matt Murdock being played by Ben Affleck, much like RDJ is Iron Man, and Bale is Batman. So it will be interesting to see how he portrays the character. He might just surprise us.

I love dicking around in photoshop.

bat-ben.jpg

bat-ben-2.jpg

Perfect casting. Absolutely perfect.

This could change my feelings on the (so far) cruddy DC movies.

I can see this working, I don't want to and shuddered when I first read the article, but the more I envision it I think it just might work.

Given the Graphic Novel, I was more convinced when Josh Brolins name was mentioned but this will be I interesting to see how the character is played.

I think, above all, he has the right face. When you look at cavill's face, he's got that big slab of meat super handsome cartoon hero face. So does affleck. Big square jaw, dimple in his chin, rugged 5 o'clock shadow.. I'm looking forward to the trailer before I get my hopes up but I'm liking where it's going. Plus he's a big guy, and any movie with supes is gonna need a big batman.

This is the kind of knee-jerk reaction I've been reading in pretty much every news article about this casting. This news JUST breaks, and already everyone thinks it'll be horrible. How many actors that ended up being great in a role were at first jeered in the initial casting news? RDJ? Ledger? Even Bale for that matter.

I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Affleck has come a long way since he first started in the business and piling that baggage onto this news just seems a bit asinine.

He's goofy lookin to me, I am not intimidated by his persona on any level.
Nothing says Bruce Wayne to me.

Been thinking about it for an hour or so and decided that I'm good with this. Also had to do a bit of a "draw over" of Affleck in his daredevil suit. Sorry for the quality.
3AqaeE5l.jpg

L8jwhM9.jpg

I'm excited! If Ben's terrible in the movie, it will be unintentionally hilarious. If he's great, I hope the story is just as good.
It's not the end of the world on this choice, Batman will rebooted soon after him anyway.

I'm hoping Ben can prove everyone wrong, even all those D-list celebrities on twitter that have their panties in a bunch.
The trailer for this movie and the TNMT reboot are my most anticipated trailers right now.

I feel like this is one of the worst castings they could have made. Affleck has been a hack and a ham in every film he's been in. He was even the weak link in Argo.

I was really hoping for Joe Manganiello. He looks the part and has the brooding thing down.

I just want to smack everyone that had a hand in this. I'm disappointed not as a Batman fan, but as a Superman fan. I was really looking forward to MoS2, but this really ruined it for me.

Didn't see this coming. Affleck has proven himself to be a good director and actor these days. But I'm still not sure about him as Batman. Hope he surprises the audience with his performance.

WB is just not making any inspired decisions anymore.

Well if they're going to do this - go ahead and put Matt Damon in Burt Wards old suit and he can be Ben's little Good Will Robin.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back