Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Star Wars Episode VII

Leia will be assassinated by a "(B)ounty (F)Hunter lurking in the shadows during some important political event. Han (with Chewie or Lando at his side) take the mothballed Falcon to investigate. Meanwhile the Solo offspring who are Jedi or Padawans scenes there mothers death touch on the dark side. Luke who himself bared that cross sees what is happening and tries to help. Solo finds the assassin who is the long thought to be dead Boba Fett and fights with him. Fett is with enhancements from the damage he took being in the Sarlak, just faster and stronger then the older solo. Han is killed. This triggers one or both Solo kids into a dark path rage. Like must stop them....

This is just my thoughts on what direction I would like.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Leia will be assassinated by a "(B)ounty (F)Hunter lurking in the shadows during some important political event. Han (with Chewie or Lando at his side) take the mothballed Falcon to investigate. Meanwhile the Solo offspring who are Jedi or Padawans scenes there mothers death touch on the dark side. Luke who himself bared that cross sees what is happening and tries to help. Solo finds the assassin who is the long thought to be dead Boba Fett and fights with him. Fett is with enhancements from the damage he took being in the Sarlak, just faster and stronger then the older solo. Han is killed. This triggers one or both Solo kids into a dark path rage. Like must stop them....

This actually sounds quite plausible...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Lando Calrissian, now a wealthy starship fuel magnate, notices some strange bulk purchases by some mysterious figures. He has a bad feeling about it, and contacts the new republic government, who brush him off. Only Luke Skywalker listens, and he and his battered astromech agree to go undercover as crew of the fuel freighter delivering the shipment.

They discover a vast fleet gathering in a remote asteroid field, but before they can report back, a cadre of dark Jedi sense Luke and capture the Jedi Master.

R2 barely escapes and manages to limp the battered freighter back to Republic space.

Senator Organa-Solo wants to send Rogue Squadron for an immediate rescue, but unless you have a map of the asteroid field nav beacons, getting inside is more like suicide.

Only one ship has ever successfully navigated an asteroid field, but that ship, and it's crotchety old pilot have long since washed their hands of the rebel alliance and the new republic. But maybe, with his old friend captive, and a new threat to the sector, the Senator just might be able to convince him to try...

...now, if only their last meeting hadn't gone so badly...

Don't see it happening that way because I can't see george laying out a plot like that or disney who wants to cash in, killing off that many of the OT heroes in the first flick.

Lando Calrissian, now a wealthy starship fuel magnate, notices some strange bulk purchases by some mysterious figures. He has a bad feeling about it, and contacts the new republic government, who brush him off. Only Luke Skywalker listens, and he and his battered astromech agree to go undercover as crew of the fuel freighter delivering the shipment.

They discover a vast fleet gathering in a remote asteroid field, but before they can report back, a cadre of dark Jedi sense Luke and capture the Jedi Master.

R2 barely escapes and manages to limp the battered freighter back to Republic space.

Senator Organa-Solo wants to send Rogue Squadron for an immediate rescue, but unless you have a map of the asteroid field nav beacons, getting inside is more like suicide.

Only one ship has ever successfully navigated an asteroid field, but that ship, and it's crotchety old pilot have long since washed their hands of the rebel alliance and the new republic. But maybe, with his old friend captive, and a new threat to the sector, the Senator just might be able to convince him to try...

...now, if only their last meeting hadn't gone so badly...

Question, if the dark jedi could sense Luke, why didn't he sense them and get the flock outta there?

The thing is, in star wars, all of the heroes were brought into the rebellion for an event. The war. They had given up their previous lived and stepped up their game. Even Leia was a princess. Which makes it hard to believe that we should still be following this story. It feels like fan service. The empire fell and Vader is dead. It's a big galaxy with lots of struggle, lets tell some other stories. If we keep going back to tatooine, the galaxy gets smaller and the story gets less important

My money says Solo will die this time around - Kasdan wanted to do it and Ford wanted it done. It'll probably happen with him sacrificing himself to save his kids or kid or Leia - something stupid and predictable.

:(

I don't care if he dies but the thought of a Solo that "settled down" is NOT appealing...

" Luke...May The Force Be With You" Remember when Han uttered these words to Luke just before the battle of the Death Star? He also tells Chewie that he knows what he is doing.
Han is really a Jedi Knight.
Now this would make a story also JJ likes to use pass the torch kind of scenes like how he used Nimoy in Star Trek.
We will see.

and if that is the story we see on screen then you will send a dated copy of this post to Disney and sue them for big $$$ and for writing credit! :lol

these are all interesting concepts posted last night though.

Lucas did (back in the 70's) say there were 9 installments. He broke up his story and told the central piece. Ep I, II and III were backstory for IV, V and VI as far as I could tell - which is why I found them ponderous.
Lucas kept story lines from SW novelizations apart from the films. I doubt Disney will change this. I think Abrams will take Ep VII as a challenge to launch the next run of films and I doubt they will be intended to end in Ep IX (please excuse the Roman numerals - I still call Star Wars ... Star Wars).
Lucas also said repeatedly that the characters that would run throughout all the SW films were the robots. Abrams will, no doubt, pull in one or more characters from the past films.
He may even recast them!

Nor would they likely be inclined to share the revenue with Zahn. VERY unlikey these films will be a Thrawn knock off.

I'm not saying they'll do the Zahn trilogy, but why would they have to share revenue with him? I wouldn't have expected him to get royalties based on a book deal from 1991. They'd probably just give him a flat fee for the job and call it what it is: a work for hire, meaning LucasFilm (and now Disney) would own the rights to any derivative works thereof.

Was Alec Guinness too old to play the part of Ben Kenobi? I don't hear people complaining about that. The role of the OT cast members (if they are to play a part) will be the advisors to a new generation.

That's because Ben Kenobi was introduced as an older figure, not a young, vibrant hero who eventually gets old and dies. This is my primary objection to seeing the old heroes in the new films for anything other than providing context and maybe one scene of "Remember, always reverse the power couplings" advice or whatever. Other than that, I don't need to see the heroes of my youth age. I have enough grey hairs on my head to know that mortality is a fact. I don't need it hammered home by watching older actors wheezing their way through parts and phoning it in for a paycheck.

Haven't we learned? Haven't we had enough of that? Hasn't the Star Wars universe been shrunk enough by making everyone next door neighbors and such? Anakin built Threepio! Chewie and Yoda were roommates at an all-female co-op and had wacky adventures together while working at an advertising agency! Palpatine is his own grandpa!

Enough of this crap.

You know what? I SAW Star Wars, and The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. I don't need to see them "reimagined" or "repackaged" or some retread of 'em. Gimme something different for chrissakes, not the same old crap again and again.

SHOW SOME VISION.

I'm not saying they'll do the Zahn trilogy, but why would they have to share revenue with him? I wouldn't have expected him to get royalties based on a book deal from 1991. They'd probably just give him a flat fee for the job and call it what it is: a work for hire, meaning LucasFilm (and now Disney) would own the rights to any derivative works thereof.

That very well might be the case.

That's because Ben Kenobi was introduced as an older figure, not a young, vibrant hero who eventually gets old and dies. This is my primary objection to seeing the old heroes in the new films for anything other than providing context and maybe one scene of "Remember, always reverse the power couplings" advice or whatever. Other than that, I don't need to see the heroes of my youth age. I have enough grey hairs on my head to know that mortality is a fact. I don't need it hammered home by watching older actors wheezing their way through parts and phoning it in for a paycheck.

Haven't we learned? Haven't we had enough of that? Hasn't the Star Wars universe been shrunk enough by making everyone next door neighbors and such? Anakin built Threepio! Chewie and Yoda were roommates at an all-female co-op and had wacky adventures together while working at an advertising agency! Palpatine is his own grandpa!

Enough of this crap.

You know what? I SAW Star Wars, and The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. I don't need to see them "reimagined" or "repackaged" or some retread of 'em. Gimme something different for chrissakes, not the same old crap again and again.

SHOW SOME VISION.
exactly. When tatooine was introduced, it was supposed to be some backwater planet far away from everything. Yet 5 of the 6 films take place there. Let's see some creativity

i sure hope this happens. if anything the score for even the prequels was great and he is a huge part of why Star Wars works... its iconic legendary music and got me into appreciating classical music when I was a kid... I mean, if it wasn't KISS, Styx, Queen, Blondie or the Police I wasn't listening... or I'd put on my Star Wars theme music! :lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back