Need for Speed (Post-release)

Since both cars average about 11mpg, I'm wondering how long that car chase between the Veyron and Aventador at the speeds they seem to be going would last.

And to quote the movie: "They took everything from me." Everything but his 2.5 million supercar.

I'm betting this has as much in common with the games as World War Z had with the book. Didn't they try putting real storylines into the game franchise with one of the last ones?

NEED FOR (Practical) SPEED | Badass Digest

I played few of the games in the past and despite having cool visuals and starring Aaron Paul I wasn't really keen about the Need for Speed movie.

But now I read this article and learned that director Scott Waugh who has been a stunt coordinator and stunt performer most of his life, made sure that all the car stunts in the movie were practical and not CGI.

His dedication to real stunts and all things practical has won me over, so now I will be definitely watching this in the theatres. Do read that whole article which also mentions how Aaron was behind the wheel as much as possible. And I am digging this new full trailer.

Need For Speed Movie - Full Length Trailer - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this last night and while it suffers a few pacing problems on the whole I enjoyed it! The cars are beautiful and some of the stunts are fantastic when you know they were practical and not CGI.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back